Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Truck-lite Headlights

Old 05-11-2015, 01:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bunz-o-fun
Installed some truck lites a couple of weeks ago. Noticed that the passenger side looked a little bit yellow compared to the driver side. I thought it was just me being picky, but two other people said the same thing. Sent this picture to northridge4x4, they forwarded my concerns to Truck Lite, and TL sent me two new head lights. I had the replacement lights within three days. Great customer service at TL. Not sure an eBay knock off Chinese company would have done the same thing. I would obviously recommend these lights to anyone looking to upgrade from stock. Customer service alone won me over. Light output is so noticeably better, even my wife gave me the thumbs up on the purchase. :-)

Attachment 610195
That's funny. Seems like a yellowish LED bulb somehow found it's way into a batch of white light bulbs.
Buying from a company with reliable customer service is always a good idea...

Last edited by GJeep; 05-11-2015 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by GJeep
That's funny. Seems like a yellowish LED bulb somehow found it's way into a batch of white light bulbs.
Buying from a company with reliable customer service is always a good idea...
My lights are the same way as well. I think its different run lights. made from two different LED batches. I contacted TL with this issue as well.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did notice that the two I originally ordered from northridge came in a truck-lite box with all the colors, graphics and pictures stating the type of light. But the two replacement lights that came direct from Truck-Lite were in a different style box. Had the same graphics and name, but the front of the box you could open a cardboard "flap" (like the cover of a book) and see the lamp inside the box through a clear piece of plastic (If that makes sense). Pretty fancy upgrade on the packaging from the originals that northridge sent out. Wonder if northridge has older inventory TLs that could possibly have a few yellow bulbs.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:31 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did notice that the two I originally ordered from northridge came in a truck-lite box with all the colors, graphics and pictures stating the type of light. But the two replacement lights that came direct from Truck-Lite were in a different style box. Had the same graphics and name, but the front of the box you could open a cardboard "flap" (like the cover of a book) and see the lamp inside the box through a clear piece of plastic (If that makes sense). Pretty fancy upgrade on the packaging from the originals that northridge sent out. Wonder if northridge has older inventory TLs that could possibly have a few yellow bulbs.
We certainly don't have old inventory we cant keep them in stock. Trucklite has two forms of packaging. One that is full color and looks great sitting in a store and the other is a standard brown box the product inside is all the same.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sbxjunkie
Hi all. I'm new here so if I posted in the wrong section please forgive me and point me to the right direction. So I'm about to pull the trigger on these. Want to see if anyone who has these are you happen with them? Any comments? http://www.northridge4x4.com/northri...r-harness?#tab
I put the old style TLs (the ones with 10 LEDs in each headlight) soon after buying my 2011 COD. I love them and the lights look great and will last virtually forever.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:40 AM
JK Newbie

For what it is worth this video shows them both installed and cutting out the light for a few seconds. Form your own opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsUzn1RpZAg
Old 12-13-2015, 10:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

showing the light project onto a garage door 10 ft way does not do shit for anything when comparing lights. Love the brown Shit blobs from the JWs all over the light beam too. The truck lites toss light way farther down the road than the jw on high beam, something you can't see on a garage door, and the JW lights the forground way to much on low beam. That's what fog lights are for.

For the extra money they are not worth it at all. This coming from someone who has compared both with his own eyes on a dark road, not in a garage shooting at a door.

Quick Reply: Truck-lite Headlights