Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Truck-lite Headlights

Old 04-22-2015, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sbxjunkie
I have a 2015 Willys with stock 32" tires on 17" wheels. No lift. Will they need to be adjusted right out of the box?
Mine did, but no big deal just a screwdriver and a few minutes of time at night.
Old 04-22-2015, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with nickjk33. Best purchase I have made for my jk. I feel much safer at night. Only complaint I have with is there is a couple second delay when switching from brights to normal. I'm not sure if that's normal or if something is not right with mine. I would definitely purchase a pair.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ngillum
I agree with nickjk33. Best purchase I have made for my jk. I feel much safer at night. Only complaint I have with is there is a couple second delay when switching from brights to normal. I'm not sure if that's normal or if something is not right with mine. I would definitely purchase a pair.
It's normal and it was very annoying - especially for oncoming drivers lol
Old 04-23-2015, 06:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by etl330

It's normal and it was very annoying - especially for oncoming drivers lol
Yes it is. Lol
Old 04-23-2015, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ngillum
It's the PWM harness. It stores electricity to smooth out the flicker from the CANbus.
Old 04-23-2015, 10:06 AM
JK Jedi

When asked, this is the first upgrade recommendation I suggest as most people use their headlights daily (nightly ) and the factory lights are worthless. Be sure to get the anti-flicker harness.

It's a good value when you consider the amount of usage you will get out of them.

Also, if you live in a cold area, go ahead and purchase the TL's with the heat lens or you will be wiping snow and ice from them frequently.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

The TL came today! I'm gonna put the horizontal adjustment screws on them as well. Will see how they all work.

Questions:
Are the adjustment screws the same size as the ones holding the retainer ring? T15?

There is a tube of something that came with each light. Is that dielectric grease? Or what is it?

Last edited by sbxjunkie; 04-23-2015 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Yep that's electric grease use it!

Good move with TLs. I went with Jw evo2 and I gotta say am not happy at all. Got halos up in the trees, an uneven cutoff with dark spots right under it and concentrated light front and center with not much out to the sides! Sent pics to JW and their tech ensured me this is totally normal and exactly how the evo2 beam should behave. I am really bummed and thinkin about TLs or even HIDProjector.com, a buddy at work has them and it's literally insane, no glare, no oncoming traffic problems and side to side light like you wouldn't believe but no DOT approval.

My JWs do look amazing during the day though!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4060292798.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	607940
Old 04-24-2015, 12:35 PM
JK Newbie

Oh and they where over $600...ouch.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gfurm
Yep that's electric grease use it!

Good move with TLs. I went with Jw evo2 and I gotta say am not happy at all. Got halos up in the trees, an uneven cutoff with dark spots right under it and concentrated light front and center with not much out to the sides! Sent pics to JW and their tech ensured me this is totally normal and exactly how the evo2 beam should behave. I am really bummed and thinkin about TLs or even HIDProjector.com, a buddy at work has them and it's literally insane, no glare, no oncoming traffic problems and side to side light like you wouldn't believe but no DOT approval.

My JWs do look amazing during the day though!

Attachment 607940
I had pointed to these flaws in the light pattern of the JWS a few times. The typical response was "the JWS are brighter than the TL".
That's not true.
They misleadingly seem to be brighter, because of the very bright hot spots.
Actually, they shed less light everywhere else, which includes dark regions, and give much less light at the sides. So, overall, they aren't brighter than the TL.
I really don't see any justification for the higher price of the JWS.

Quick Reply: Truck-lite Headlights