Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Trucklite LED upgrade + fog lights

Old 09-05-2012, 01:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ordered the package deal from northridge4x4 last night and they shipped last night... after talking to david from northridge4x4 we worked out a plan that included the 2 trucklite headlights, 2 dually spots (instead of the floods), and the set of black diamond fab fog light integration brackets. for 619.94 shipped. might seem like a large sum of money to upgrade something that is already functioning, but we all know the OEM JK lights are probably worse then the little flashlight we all keep in our junk door at home. and i'll probably not have to change a light bulb in the front of my JKU for a few family generations. so it's well worth it to me... now i just have to get the kit to figure out how screwed i am electrically with the dually wiring. hoping by some grace from the heavens that somehow it's plug and play. for some reason i severely doubt it!

if anybody has an idea what this install will be like, please give your input. i beleive i may have mention prior that i am "as dumb as they come" when it comes to electrical wiring/ soldering/ ect.

thanks in advanced!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 03:04 PM
aha
JK Newbie

Are you putting the D2 spots in your foglight location?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Am not sure how much use on the street you'll get out of those LEDs in the fog location... you'll either have to aim them low, or you'll be blinding everyone. Am in the same boat. Have a set of visionX LEDs in the fog bracket on the way.

Last edited by Septu; 09-05-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
JK Newbie

yes i'm p[lacing the Spots in the fog light location using black diamond fab's fog light brackets. i'm going to b e aiming them to hit the ground around the 25 foot mark from the front of the jeep. my OEM fogs are brighter then my headlights (at least they cast more light on the ground in front of the jeep.) and i find it helpful in the heavy snowfall points of the year here in upstate NY. low light in snow is a blessing. with regular headlights on in heavy snow you get the stargazing screen saver look and it drives me up the wall. so a light placed lower to the road it lights up anything in the road but i can see over the billions of snowflakes and keep my sanity. i realize that 1300 lumens pointed at oncoming traffic will probably get me driven off the road so i'll have to figure it out when i get them installed and drive for a few nights. i'm just exploding with excitement because i may actually see a deer in the road before i hit it. anyone out there that knows how the spots' wiring comes from manufacturer? i'm kind of bugging because i know nothing about automotive electronics. and i don't like the idea that i'm going to get a crash course on teusday when this package is supposed to arrive. any suggestions are welcome.

Thank again in advanced

Blacktie
Old 09-06-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm wondering the same about hooking up the Dually's... I just ordered mine yesterday and will receive next tuesday as well.. Don't want to get crazy with the splicing and Canbus acting up.. If anyone could shed some light... on the install that would be great.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

*************UPDATE******************

so i've been reading around and found a thread on the installation of these duallys with the black diamond fab fog light bracket. there seems to be a guy participating in this thread that has retro fitted the factory fog light plug to accept the dually plug so there is no splicing needed!!! i have PM'ed him and awaiting a reply. so don't start cutting the factory harness just yet!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

almost forgot!!! theres a link below to the thread i just mentioned!!!

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...racket-225546/
Old 11-09-2012, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default truck lite's and rigid industries set

I bought a set of truck lite led's with adapter and set of duallys with flush mount kit for 630.00 and free shipping. I called and talked to Dave from Northridge4x4. definatly worth it! I will be putting mine on this weekend.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am really confused, the JK lights are DC, the Rigid lights are DC. Why can you not just splice and tap the rigid lights to the factory wiring. Northridge told me you cannot do that. I havent heard why not.

ANYONE?
Old 11-10-2012, 05:23 PM
WRE
JK Newbie

Can't go wrong with the Truck Lites and D2s. Just installed they are awesome!!!

Quick Reply: Trucklite LED upgrade + fog lights