Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Tweeter upgrade (again)

Old 03-12-2012, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthewd5

So are you using an aftermarket crossover or just the oem jeep crossover?
The stock one is attached on the tweeter atleast on the non amplified stock sytems. I just popped mine off today to see how I'm gonna install mine as well. A small flathead, or jewelers screwdriver will work. Pops out very easy. Just came in the mail, but don't know if I have time to install till the weekend. You will need to run an aftermarket crossover with the non amplified system.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PANGMAN
The stock one is attached on the tweeter atleast on the non amplified stock sytems. I just popped mine off today to see how I'm gonna install mine as well. A small flathead, or jewelers screwdriver will work. Pops out very easy. Just came in the mail, but don't know if I have time to install till the weekend. You will need to run an aftermarket crossover with the non amplified system.
ok i got home from vacation and my ZR100-CT tweeters were waiting for me!

so with these i just pop off the factory grill, remove the factory tweeters, run wire up from my already installed 3rd party crossover and make small adjustments to the size of the hole till the new tweeters fit snuggly into the factory tombstone hole?

matthew
Old 03-17-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PANGMAN

Gonna try these Polk Audio DXi 1000 at Crutchfield for $39. Normally $99. Can't beat that price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20120317_161324.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	290244

Yeah! Finally installed these polks. A Great improvement. Just had to dremel away some of the tombstone and snap in. May add a little glue later if needed. Seem pretty tight.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

The JL ZR100-CT with Infinity Stereo do I use JL supplied crossover.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the Polk DB components. Hook the woofer up directly to stock wiring bypassing JL crossover. Infinity amp allready crosses over mid range. Use the JL crossover for the tweeter only. I ran wire extensions from stock tweeter wiring into polk crossover then speaker outs to tweeters. Sounds great.

Dave
Old 05-15-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

So, if I want to replace the stock tweeters and keep my stock setup, do I need to add the crossover? And are there certain specs I need to look for when ordering these? I just replaced all the other speakers with those 2010 Challenger Boston Acoustics and they sound great. I'm thinking with this tweeter replacement it should sound better...

Thanks for any help!

Quick Reply: Tweeter upgrade (again)