Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Here is my problem

Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here is my problem

Ok here is my problem. About 6 months ago it all started. My blinker and stop light wouldnt work on the passenger side. when i turn the headlights on, the light lights up.. but the blinker and stoplight still dont work. I switched the taillights to see if it was the bulb and nothing changed. Then a week later it fixed itself or so i thought.

Now 6 months later, im having the exact same issue.

Here is the post from 6 months ago. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...linker+working
Old 01-24-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bumpity bump bump
Old 01-24-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would GUESS you may have a bad switch for the turn signals if both ends are doing it on the same side at the same time. Not positive but I don't think a flasher is different from side to side, but it could be and then I would check it.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Its just the rear
Old 01-25-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

My 04 had the same problem found the seal on the lens was shot and water leaking into it about half way and the front directional did the same thing with a pinhole leak...
Old 01-26-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok the dealer told me it was traced to the fuse box. 500 $ later it is fixed. Thank god for the warranty. It was a part in the fuse box that had to be replaced. Ill post the name of it in case y'all have the same issue.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$500. Wow... Electrical work is always a pain to chase down and never cheap!
Old 03-14-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok it was the tipim. And im having the same issue again. AHHHH frustrating sometimes.
Old 05-23-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Default did you get the turn signal issue resolved?

Curious if replacing the TIPM resolved your turn-signal / brake light issue this round? I'm having what sounds like the same issue and would love to know before going down this road.

To expand on that a bit, I bought a 2007 JK Sahara which had the issue when I got it "as is". It's consistently intermitent, in other words it seems whenver I'm half way to work (about 15 miles) and the engine gets warm, the rear passenger turn signal and brake light (single lower bulb) go out. Inside the singal indicator blink faster than normal. I've switched the right side to the left during the issue and it seemed to straighten out, but I'm not convinced the socket is the issue. they look clean as can be, the ground checks out, and it obviously reads no voltage in the socket while the fault is occuring. I really don't know how to check the front end (signal switch, grounds, etc, don't have any expertise for that). I did notice the trailer wire had melted to the exhaust and liekly shorted, but had it pulled in all day today thinking it was fixed until just as I pulled in the neighborhood where it started in, so I don't think the trailer wire was the cause.

any suggestions, or just start wtih the sockets, turn signal switch, tipm, reflash via the stealership (I hate those guys after $1,000's in bs the put me through with a grand cherokee which I ended up diagnosing and fixing myself wtih only distractions and garbage from them). Thanks for any suggestions

Last edited by RunRon; 05-23-2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: expand on post
Old 05-30-2011, 07:41 PM
JK Newbie

Please keep posting if you find the problem. I am having the same issue with the rear lights and side turn signals.

Quick Reply: Here is my problem