Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

uConnect Problems

Old 05-31-2014, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uConnect Problems

I've been reading and searching this issue for weeks now, all to no avail. I hoping someone can help me with this issue.

I have an '07 JKUX the has an RES radio with the uConnect buttons (single CD, MP3, Sirius). I have added uConnect and a USB cable. When I connect my phone to the USB port my phone will charge, but when I hit the AUX button on the radio it says "NO AUXILIARY AVAILABLE". I can use all the phone features through the radio, can connect via Bluetooth, make and receive calls, etc, but cannot get my music to play through the USB port or stream through Bluetooth. I tried contacting Chrysler but they just tell me that it is a compatibility issue, which I call BS on because my phone works exactly the way I expect it to in my wife's Patriot.

I've done everything that I've found online to try and solve this problem (making sure Bluetooth is on and connected to uConnect, switching the output to dock connector on airplay, etc.) but nothing is working. Chrysler told me to just use an Aux cable and connect to the front of the device, which 1) seems counter productive since there is already a USB port in the console, and 2) when I plug it into the USB port to at least charge it while playing music, it cuts audio from the headphone jack so you can't play it anyways, making the USB port completely useless. This certainly is not working as designed, and it may be in the settings of the radio or phone somewhere, but I certainly can't find it.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 08. the usb is for flashing/transfering only. Yes it will charge.It does not make the phone communicate with the radio.To play music , you need to install the 1/8" jack out of the phone to the radio's jack. The phone controls the music. You will not see any controls on the radio. No info on the music, etc.

I have the touch screen navigation/DVD. There is an adapter cable for Iphone. I believe that cable you will be able to control the iphone on the screen. I had an android, and connected that way. now i have an iphone 5s with different cable so i'm not going to get it from mopar/jeep.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Is it a radio issue? Only newer radios will work? My wife has the exact same equipment in her patriot, only it's an '11 and low speed bus, but hers connects to the phone and plays music just fine over usb
Old 05-31-2014, 12:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dtflick
Is it a radio issue? Only newer radios will work? My wife has the exact same equipment in her patriot, only it's an '11 and low speed bus, but hers connects to the phone and plays music just fine over usb
That is correct in 2011 they changed the interior, and apparently updated the radio's.
Old 06-02-2014, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the modules PN & SW version (on the black module's white label)? The radio has some limiting HW that may be causing an issue. Try press and release the voice button and say "main menu, USB". I have seen where the radio AUX button doesn't see the USB signal but will switch with using a VR command.

I've been reading and searching this issue for weeks now, all to no avail. I hoping someone can help me with this issue.

I have an '07 JKUX the has an RES radio with the uConnect buttons (single CD, MP3, Sirius). I have added uConnect and a USB cable. When I connect my phone to the USB port my phone will charge, but when I hit the AUX button on the radio it says "NO AUXILIARY AVAILABLE". I can use all the phone features through the radio, can connect via Bluetooth, make and receive calls, etc, but cannot get my music to play through the USB port or stream through Bluetooth. I tried contacting Chrysler but they just tell me that it is a compatibility issue, which I call BS on because my phone works exactly the way I expect it to in my wife's Patriot.

I've done everything that I've found online to try and solve this problem (making sure Bluetooth is on and connected to uConnect, switching the output to dock connector on airplay, etc.) but nothing is working. Chrysler told me to just use an Aux cable and connect to the front of the device, which 1) seems counter productive since there is already a USB port in the console, and 2) when I plug it into the USB port to at least charge it while playing music, it cuts audio from the headphone jack so you can't play it anyways, making the USB port completely useless. This certainly is not working as designed, and it may be in the settings of the radio or phone somewhere, but I certainly can't find it.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

P/n: 05091960aa
s/w: 63.03.05
Old 06-03-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks,
That unit has the most current SW in it. Did you try the voice command and did it help at all?

P/n: 05091960aa
s/w: 63.03.05
Old 06-03-2014, 04:15 PM
JK Newbie

I tried the voice command but when I said "Bluetooth" it just made the low pitched beep and went to a different source. I've checked my phone several times and it says that it is connected to "uConnect" on the source list, but can't for the life of me get it to play through the radio.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Maybe I wasn't clear on the command. It didn't include Bluetooth, that's why it went to a different source.
Press and release the voice button and say "main menu, USB". Speak in a normal speed, not too fast or slow. I seem to remember something about the radio's HW doesn't recognize the iPod / IPhone connection so it won't switch but if you use the voice command, then Uconnect will switch the source.

I tried the voice command but when I said "Bluetooth" it just made the low pitched beep and went to a different source. I've checked my phone several times and it says that it is connected to "uConnect" on the source list, but can't for the life of me get it to play through the radio.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Same issue. I use the command "USB" and it gives a low pitched beep and witches to AM. Say "Bluetooth" and get the same result. Say "Main Menu" and it gives me the option to say either USB or Bluetooth Streaming Audio, but when I say either of those I get the error beep and switches to an alternate source.

Quick Reply: uConnect Problems