Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

uConnect Problems

Old 06-30-2014, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The radio isn't capable of playing music over the Bluetooth connection (most unfortunately) despite it being able to handle a phone call over the Bluetooth to the microphone and speakers connected to the radio. It's annoying I agree but simply the limitations designed into the radio. In order to play music off your device while connected and charging is to configure your Uconnect settings to only accept phone calls but not music or anything else. Then using the physical connection to auxiliary. I researched this issue extensively when I bought my 2009 JKU and there's virtually no authoritative information and everything refers you to the manual or Chrysler whom state it's not available with the radio (referring to Bluetooth connectivity). It's unfortunate and if only the radio's programming could be updated the hardware is there but I haven't found anyway to do it (as well covered thus far). Just wanted to add my experience with this same issue.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xsdbs
The best option is a 2011 and newer radio with the Uconnect buttons. This is because BT streaming audio became a supported feature in 2011. As for the Uconnect kit, you'll need PN 82212159 and if she's going to also us an Ipod, then you'll want the optional cable PN 82212160. After the install is done, you'll need to take the vehicle to the dealer to have them flash it to sales code RSP. You'll find that the dealers will charge between 50 & $100 to flash it so call around.
Thanks xsdbs
That the information I needed. Will the uconnect kit you recommended include the mic and any buttons need? I don't think my 2007 JKU has a microphone in it.

Quick Reply: uConnect Problems