Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Warn 3.5" Wireless Fog Lights

Old 04-01-2011, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn 3.5" Wireless Fog Lights

Any thoughts or experience with these lights? Brightness, durability, is the switch reliable.....
Old 04-01-2011, 04:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Curious too and if they make them for driving lights too??? By the way what's the price of them??? Thx
Old 04-01-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Newbie

I've seen em as low as $119.99.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick91
Any thoughts or experience with these lights? Brightness, durability, is the switch reliable.....
Only know about them from helping others.
Only the switch is wireless ( small part of the wiring job ). Only 55w ( not bright enough for me ). The control components are larger due to the radio remote. But they are reliable and dependable. The extra money is basicaly for the wireless function.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Freak

I just picked up a set from a forum member here. Hoping to get them installed this weekend. Once installed I can take some pics and offer some better feedback. I have the 3.5 Fogs as the OP inquired about.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

Just finished hooking em up finally. Ran into a snag finding a 12V source that turns off with the vehicle. Hope to have pics or you soon.

Rick.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys! I'm really interested in the light output. Think you could get some pics?
Old 12-03-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, bumping this thread back to life since it came up in a couple searches...

I just installed the Warn 350F fog lights on my 2008 JKU with no problems and they work great. They aren't meant to light up the night, but 55W is still very helpful when you are trying to cut through blowing snow, fog, dust, etc., which is why I chose these, or for adding some trail light on a night run or during a winching operation.

When these bulbs are done, I will likely be replacing them with some yellow H3 bulbs (yellow doesn't glare as much in snow and rain).

Anyway, I found a cool place to mount the wireless control box! Just behind the battery there is a stud already on the firewall, and with a little finesse, the bracket on the box fit perfectly. I scrounged up a fender washer and a nut and it went together perfectly.

I put the wireless switch above the left front speaker.

I ran the "black and white" wire to the M8 fuse slot (heated seats, which I do not have but wish I did sometimes...)

Good luck!

EDIT:
ONE YEAR LATER... I would not buy these lights again. Although they look good and the output is fine, they are IMO not as strong as they should be. The cheap plastic housing and mounting brackets did not hold up that well in the year I had these on my JK and finally broke when adjusting the direction of the beams. Fortunately, the wiring harness and switch system is better made, so I just removed the old lights and installed a set of cheap driving lights until I can upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	warn_wireless_box_closeup.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	244990  

Last edited by dustdriver; 11-19-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Newbie

Default Warn 350 lamp wire?

Was wondering where everyone installed the lamp wire to. Was hoping for something not too technical as I am not an electrician, more of a mechanic.

Not sure how I would even go about installing it to a M8 Fuse as one poster did.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Shads
Old 08-01-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shads
Was wondering where everyone installed the lamp wire to. Was hoping for something not too technical as I am not an electrician, more of a mechanic.

Not sure how I would even go about installing it to a M8 Fuse as one poster did.

Any pointers would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Shads
This thread here should have everything you need, for switched power anyway, great write up.

Last edited by Quentin_T; 08-02-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Quick Reply: Warn 3.5" Wireless Fog Lights