Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Where "In Cab" can I tap into the right turn single? 2012 JK

Old 07-19-2015, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where "In Cab" can I tap into the right turn single? 2012 JK

I have a camera to spot Motorcycles when I hit my right turn signal. Where in the Cab can I tap in to activate it? What are the wire colors?

Truly really want a full wiring diagram if possible. Where can I get one for a 2012 JK?
Old 07-20-2015, 05:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You should be able to find it in the harness in the passenger foot well. I traced my reverse wire to there and the directional should be in the same harness. I don't know what color the wire is but you should be able to just pull the tail light housing (2 screws) and probe the wires with the directional on. Once you find the correct wire, follow it up to the connector for the tail lamp harness and make sure the wire color doesn't change color there...the reverse wire did.
Old 07-20-2015, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good advice.

One brain teaser, if I tap the rear directional won't it activate the right turn camera if I put the flashers on? Hoping for a more discrete right turn trigger that only activates if the right turn signal is on not all the flashers.

What wire would be coming from the steering wheel for the flasher that might be my best bet...
Old 07-20-2015, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes it would come on with the flashers. I have no idea what wire color goes to the flasher. Since the flasher makes noise you may want to try listening for it under the dash.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extr...ew/classic.htm

Every Jk owner needs to know this sight! All wiring based on VIN Number!
Old 08-19-2015, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so I tried to wire to the rear turn signal and discovered that the camera flashes with the blinker - not good. I need to add something in the line to draw out the signal. Would a relay work or would I still have the same issue?

Quick Reply: Where "In Cab" can I tap into the right turn single? 2012 JK