Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring Help for Tying Backlit Rocker Switches Into the Dash Illum Circuit

Old 05-17-2016, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Help for Tying Backlit Rocker Switches Into the Dash Illum Circuit

Hopefully someone out there has already done this. I have some Accessory switches I am adding that are back lit so you can see them at night, I'd like to tap them into my Illum circuit so that they will not only illuminate when I have my lights on at night but they will also dim and brighten with the rest of the lights. I only tried minor googling and couldn't find any useful wiring diagrams.

Im working with a 2012 JKU w/autotrans. On an older vehicle I'd tie into the illumination wire running to the radio as that usually is hooked into the dimmer but on our newer jeeps the dimmer for the radio (from what I can tell) is communicated through the BUS
Old 05-17-2016, 04:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have power windows you can tap the orange/gray at the switches.
If you have power mirrors you can tap the orange/gray at the mirror control.
Or you can tap the orange/gray on the instrument cluster black connector.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...lights-311176/

Last edited by 14Sport; 05-18-2016 at 03:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Wiring Help for Tying Backlit Rocker Switches Into the Dash Illum Circuit