Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wiring multiple off road lights!

Old 06-30-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring multiple off road lights!

Hello All, I need some advise..... I just bought a 2010 4dr Rubi. I have started to add some stuff to it. Here is my question...? I would like to put a switch panel on the center console where the stock net is located. 4WD.com shows one that holds 4 switches. I figure 2 for driving lights and one for air compressor and the other for aux lights on roof rack.

I would like to put the base wires in to accomadate as I add accessories. I understand how relays work and I am getting educated on wire and fuse sizes. Where in the world do I put a fuse block and relays? There is no room for these! Does someone sell a ready made fuse block with relays and wiring harness attached?

My plan thus far is to run a hot from the battery to my napa sealed fuse block then run to relay and then to lights. Off of that same fuse block run a hot to the light switch pannel to power all switches. The NAPA fuse block can accomadate up to 6 circits. Please give me some pointers! Thanks all
Old 07-01-2010, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wiring

For a first class install, see this setup. This is the one I used but I moved the fuse relay block and attached it to the side of the battery case so that it sat flush with the top of the battery box.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/auxiliary-electrical-hookup-119415/
Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by medimike
Hello All, I need some advise..... I just bought a 2010 4dr Rubi. I have started to add some stuff to it. Here is my question...? I would like to put a switch panel on the center console where the stock net is located. 4WD.com shows one that holds 4 switches. I figure 2 for driving lights and one for air compressor and the other for aux lights on roof rack.

I would like to put the base wires in to accomadate as I add accessories. I understand how relays work and I am getting educated on wire and fuse sizes. Where in the world do I put a fuse block and relays? There is no room for these! Does someone sell a ready made fuse block with relays and wiring harness attached?

My plan thus far is to run a hot from the battery to my napa sealed fuse block then run to relay and then to lights. Off of that same fuse block run a hot to the light switch pannel to power all switches. The NAPA fuse block can accomadate up to 6 circits. Please give me some pointers! Thanks all
Be careful if you install "unswitched" power for lighting control. You could accidently leave the lights on.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Default Thank you for the replies and input!

Thank you all for the input!
I have decided to put 4 Daystar rocker switches in the Daystar Replacementfront panel kit. My JK is a automatic and should not interfear with shifter. Looks clean and switches will be lit when on. I am picking up a fuse block from NAPA today and extra relays. I have found a place to mount the NAPA fuse block/ relays on the drivers side in the engine compartment. I was planning on putting relays between main power and all lights. Each relay will be fused. I believe I can run one fused hot to all 4 rocker switches as they do not need much juice/amps since they only power the relays.

Grady, Thank you for the wiring diagram as I printed it off for reference. My winch is wired direct to my battery and is fuse prtected.
I may need to put a bigger alt. and duel batt's in the future? for now I think I am ok. Thanks again all that responded and please give me more if you think of more.

I just found a ready made 7 circuit waterproof kit from Painless. It has a relay attached to the fuse block w/ all wiring. Anyone know anything about it?

Quick Reply: Wiring multiple off road lights!