Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wrangler compass module wiring

Old 04-19-2015, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wrangler compass module wiring

Hey, all--
Ii havent been able to find ANY information on the compass module wiring; I'm installing a new head unit and need to tap into 12v switched--thought maybe I could tap into compass wiring. Anyone know which wire is which and if tapping into one would be possible?

Any input is appreciated.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

First off what year is ur rig? Second I wouldn't use that, I'd go down to my cigarette lighter.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
First off what year is ur rig? Second I wouldn't use that, I'd go down to my cigarette lighter.
my bad....it's a 2007 wrangler x. I'd originally planned on using the cig lighter but it nearly impossible to get to, even with the shifter moved out of the way. The HVAC controls/wires seem to be hindering any extra movement.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by breesha03

my bad....it's a 2007 wrangler x. I'd originally planned on using the cig lighter but it nearly impossible to get to, even with the shifter moved out of the way. The HVAC controls/wires seem to be hindering any extra movement.
Takes 5 min to get to. I used mine in my 2010. Snap off the cargo mesh, pop the top and remove the two screws, then gently snap the rest of it out. As for the controls, they should stay in place just fine and still have room to get to the lighter. If they do come off it's just a lil trial and error getting it back right, don't take long either. Happened to me last time I took it apart but that was the first time I pulled the vacuums off, all the other times they stayed in place
Old 04-21-2015, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Takes 5 min to get to. I used mine in my 2010. Snap off the cargo mesh, pop the top and remove the two screws, then gently snap the rest of it out. As for the controls, they should stay in place just fine and still have room to get to the lighter. If they do come off it's just a lil trial and error getting it back right, don't take long either. Happened to me last time I took it apart but that was the first time I pulled the vacuums off, all the other times they stayed in place

Good tips. Thanks for sharing....I'll see what I can do.

Quick Reply: Wrangler compass module wiring