Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Zeus LED drop ins?

Old 11-27-2014, 08:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Zeus LED drop ins?

Anybody running these yet?

http://olympusoffroad.3dcartstores.c...air_p_161.html
Old 11-28-2014, 03:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Price looks good.

I keep wanting to upgrade my headlights, but I don't drive enough at night to justify $400 for some of the others.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
Price looks good. I keep wanting to upgrade my headlights, but I don't drive enough at night to justify $400 for some of the others.
kind of where I'm at. I drove to the airport weekly, jeep sits for 3-5 days, then home. But' for those times I am out on road trips or in the mountains, then I need more light. $400 doesn't seem all that bad for Trucklights, but, being in Colorado, I was told by a reputable off road/jeep distributor "Trucklights don't freeze up". Now, they are advertising "problems with Trucklights freezing up, check out the new heated Trucklights". That kind of soured me with their sales s**t. Even these Zeus lights, most likely don't create enough heat to shed ice and snow here in Colorado. Hell, even stockers have frozen up on me at times. In the Ned, if the $90 Zeus lights put out more light, I may try them considering some of the best halogens can run about the same price.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
kind of where I'm at. I drove to the airport weekly, jeep sits for 3-5 days, then home. But' for those times I am out on road trips or in the mountains, then I need more light. $400 doesn't seem all that bad for Trucklights, but, being in Colorado, I was told by a reputable off road/jeep distributor "Trucklights don't freeze up". Now, they are advertising "problems with Trucklights freezing up, check out the new heated Trucklights". That kind of soured me with their sales s**t. Even these Zeus lights, most likely don't create enough heat to shed ice and snow here in Colorado. Hell, even stockers have frozen up on me at times. In the Ned, if the $90 Zeus lights put out more light, I may try them considering some of the best halogens can run about the same price.
Mine froze up in 1 out of all the snows we had last year. Even frozen over, they put out more light than the stock lamps. Lots more. I kept the fogs stock, just in case, though. I also have since put Turtle Wax Ice on them. It is safe for plastic and helps.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you do, go with the ones with the heating element.
Old 11-28-2014, 02:26 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dmwil
Mine froze up in 1 out of all the snows we had last year. Even frozen over, they put out more light than the stock lamps. Lots more. I kept the fogs stock, just in case, though. I also have since put Turtle Wax Ice on them. It is safe for plastic and helps. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you do, go with the ones with the heating element.
how much time did you spend in the mountains? South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana? That's where I typically have issues.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
how much time did you spend in the mountains? South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana? That's where I typically have issues.
None. I'm sure our snows are normally not as intense, but mine froze over when the snow started wet, and turned to white-out conditions as the temperature dropped, causing a fairly thick layer of ice/snow on the headlights. Even then, they still put out more light than the stock headlights. That may be more of a testament to how crappy the stock headlights really are. I've never had a vehicle with weaker stock headlights. However, even then, I had no regrets about them.

I do also got a pair of Baja Designs Fuego 110w driving lights mounted in front of my winch. They get downright hot. I didn't really need them even when the Trucklites froze. A good set of incandescent auxillary lights would be good insurance, though.

I can't remember if it was Northridge or who, but they took the military version of Trucklites, which have the defroster element, and they spliced JK compatible connectors on them. Those would undoubtedly do the trick. The elements kick on at 32 degrees. Problem solved.

Maybe someone with experience with Trucklites in the areas you mention could chime in.

Here's my current lighting set-up. Btw, the LED light bar puts out a ridiculous amount of light, but it is horrible when snowing, as it lights up every flake, which reflects the light right back at you!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1810_zps05f20e61.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	585995

Last edited by dmwil; 11-28-2014 at 11:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Zeus LED drop ins?