Notices
JK Forum Contest and Giveaways! Featured Jeep of the Month contest plus other giveaway opportunities!

Winner Announced - JDaPP: Genesis Off Road Dual Battery System Giveaway

Old 11-30-2016, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I have had my battery crap out on me before....and damn if it isn't always at the worst possible time. Wish I had a great sorry to go with that experience, but unfortunately I got a bag of nuttin' as far as that goes. I could sure use this set up though! Appreciate the chance to enter the contest!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never ending build

So far all I have is some led rock lights and a winch... so far. The electrical demands will be increasing in the future and a duel battery has definitely been on my mind.

Thanks for the opportunity!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My battery has never died on me. If I am lucky enough to win this I will never have to experience this hardship. Please protect me from this trauma by selecting me to be the winner. I need my safe space now.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

#1 Thank you for doing this.

For my story, with the Navy I have been "fortunate" enough to spend a lot of time deployed overseas since 2008. With all the money I saved I bought a JKU and a Ursa Minor J30 camper. We have been all over with the JKU and have even had my wife take a couple of trips on her own with my son when I was not around. We have a very cheap 12v fridge cooler (designed for truckers that always have a engine running) for keeping our food. Unfortunately my Wife has run the battery dead a couple of times by leaving the cooler plugged in and now will not travel/camp without me around due to this (even though she got lucky and their was someone to jump the battery each time). I have since bought a portable power system but it takes up a lot of room and now that we have a second son, space is at a premium but since he is only 1, I know the fridge and power supply are not going anywhere. As I gear up for the next round of absence late next year I am hoping I can restore her confidence to go camping without me and I think this might be a perfect fit. Anyways that is my story, not exciting, not terrifying just what I got. Good luck to all and happy holidays.

Last edited by JDaPP; 12-03-2016 at 05:30 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've always tried to help out when I see someone in need. I can't always help but I will try. I've had a couple incidents in the vast with older vehicles when wheeling on the dunes we hit some whoops and the engine died; looked under he hood and the battery was laying between the intake and the head. The tie down broke and had tossed the battery, when we out it back in place it blew the caps off tossing acid all over us. After jumping into a stagnant puddle we filled the battery with said water and drove home 2 hours. Why I need it now is I have just purchased a winch and compressor and lights this spring. So I'll need some more juice and an awesome rig to keep my batteries from flying all over the engine bay would be sweet.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:36 PM
JK Newbie

I got nothing!
Old 11-30-2016, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Negan took my battery so I need a dual battery since he takes half of thangs.....
Old 11-30-2016, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Use my winch routinely down in Moab, and when coming off the trails at night, utilizing all my lights can tend to drain the single battery. A dual setup will certainly help ensure there's no issues with a dead battery out on the trail. Count me in...
Old 11-30-2016, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Would love this set up to prevent ever having a horror story about the battery.... thanks!
Old 11-30-2016, 09:32 PM
JK Newbie

I sure wish I had this system last week. Came out of work around 230am unlocked my jeep turned the key and nothing happened. Thank God a coworker was there and help me started my jeep.

Whoever win this system does not have to worry about finding a dead battery the way I did.

Quick Reply: Winner Announced - JDaPP: Genesis Off Road Dual Battery System Giveaway