Notices
JK Forum Contest and Giveaways! Featured Jeep of the Month contest plus other giveaway opportunities!

minimum post requirement...

Old 03-18-2016, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default minimum post requirement...

is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the no min post needed to enter contests? the way i look at it venders give up these amazing prizes because they care about this forum and it gives them great advertisement. but when there is no min post requirement there is a flood of one post entries into the contest only for that reason. now I'm all for more people having the chance to win these great prize, but when none of them want to add to the forum besides trying to win shit or ask when the contest happened when if they would have read the rules they would have seen that it has not even happened yet it. it pisses me off that they will never once add anything to this amazing site. I'm not the least bit sour for not winning anything but i hate that fact that i feel like people take advantage of jkforum just so they can win some shit not never add useful info for everyone else to benefit from. rant over can we change the min post to at least10 or 20 something to force newcomers that want to just leach on the winning to actually be part of the forum, maybe that will give them the chance to realize this forum is the best and they will stick around.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:39 PM
JK Newbie

I see your point. I however do not have a problem with it.

I also would not have a problem if there were a minor limit put in place.

Main reason I don't have a problem with it is I read a lot more than I post. Heck I read for 6 months before even registering to post. And a lot of those reads were the vendor pages and posts.

Either or I guess for me, no major opinion either way. I get to read about cool gear from cool companies and I get to maybe win a freebie here and there.

I wonder more about winners who sign up for something they won't use. Do I need a Dana 60 or a 1ton aluminum tie rod? So far since ive owned my JK, never on my 4.5mi daily commute have I needed those haha!
Old 03-18-2016, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one wants to ship to Canada for free anyways lol ...... :(
Old 03-18-2016, 04:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OSkullivan
I see your point. I however do not have a problem with it.

I also would not have a problem if there were a minor limit put in place.

Main reason I don't have a problem with it is I read a lot more than I post. Heck I read for 6 months before even registering to post. And a lot of those reads were the vendor pages and posts.

Either or I guess for me, no major opinion either way. I get to read about cool gear from cool companies and I get to maybe win a freebie here and there.

I wonder more about winners who sign up for something they won't use. Do I need a Dana 60 or a 1ton aluminum tie rod? So far since ive owned my JK, never on my 4.5mi daily commute have I needed those haha!

you also have 50 post, you have obviously added atleast something to this forum unlike a lot that enter the contests. i don't thin I'm asking for much, there is a ton of threads that have nothing to do with knowledge of jeeps just bullshitting with others that enjoy what were here for. there is a thread just for taking one word from the previous post and adding your own. or just posting a random pic, or just talking to people that are in your area. it would take 10 min to get up to 15-20 post before you enter a contest. but at that point they may realize that they want to stick around. we sit there and flame people for joining just to ask a question with out searching first but have no problem with them swooping in and taking away very nice prizes from the ones that want to be part of this forum.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a minimum post requirement to sell something? Right or not?? Maybe the OP has a point..... Just say'n .... Not much of a difference in putting cash in your pocket or a prize

Last edited by robsjeep9; 03-18-2016 at 04:40 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Those contests help attract new members to the board. There are a lot of jeep forums all competing for active members. If a minimum requirement was put in it wouldn't help attract new members and you would get a some who make useless posts to just get their count higher.

And with what OKsullivan (or something like that said) I too am more of a reader... Or maybe was. Lately I have been posting a lot more.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default post min

I am very bothered by it, I lose sleep at night.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with spicoli, attracts new members. Some will stay, some won't, but getting them here is the whole idea while possibly, and most likely, rewarding members at the same time. Seems like a win/win to me.

Last edited by 14Sport; 03-20-2016 at 01:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 14Sport
I agree with spicoli, attracts new members. Some will stay, some won't, but getting them here is the whole idea while possibly, and most likely, rewarding members at the same time. Seems like a win/win to me.

fair enough i guess i just see way to many one posters that never stick around, personally i joined this site because of the wealth of knowledge and great people, i never even knew of the contests for the longest time.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by davids2011jk
i guess i just see way to many one posters that never stick around
Yeah it happens. And I understand where you're coming from. But the odds really are in favor of existing members as they dominate the entries. But when all is said and done, sure beats the odds of powerball.

Quick Reply: minimum post requirement...