Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

2007 JK Build Feedback

Old 09-28-2015, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 JK Build Feedback

I have a 2007 JK Sahara that I am in the process of building into a rocker. In 2012, I put on a 4” Teraflex lift kit along with custom drivelines to accommodate the steeper driveline angle, along with an XRC 8 winch and a Cobra 29 LX CB radio. Right now I have the winch mounted to the stock bumper using this kit from Rough Country.

I also bought a Hi-Lift since with the lift, the stock jack will no longer be able to lift the rig due to the added height. However, I discovered I have a limited amount of points to use the jack on to raise the Jeep. I know Hi-Lift makes this set of hooks to lift the vehicle up by the wheel, but that wouldn’t be usable in the event I get a flat.

Since then, I’ve saved up a bit more money and am ready to begin the next stage of the build. In this stage I would like to add the following:

Lockers: Since the Jeep didn’t come with lockers, need to get these added. Kinda partial to ARB since it seems like many people run them and the brand has a good reputation for quality. I also like the fact they sell all the components as a kit, including the compressor and the ability to air up tires. I’ve been eyeing this kit,

Rock Rails: Currently I have the plastic stock side steps. I would like to swap these for metal rock rails that are beefy enough to use a hi-lift jack on and not bend/slip the jack. I do have a collapsible stool I can use to help those in and out of the Jeep if they need it so use as a step isn’t necessarily a requirement. Open to suggestions.

Front bumper: Would like something easy to jack from and transfer the winch to as well as keep my stock fogs since they’re already wired/working. Open to suggestions.

Rear bumper: Would like something easy to jack from and keep the stock tow hook if possible. Open to suggestions.

Power: Currently I’m running the CB radio and winch off the sole battery used to power the rest of the vehicle. Adding in the compressor for the lockers and with plans for lights in the next build stage, I’m concerned about putting all that draw on that one battery so I’d like to add a second battery for redundancy. Looking at this battery tray, wiring kit and this for the second battery.

Looking forward to your comments/feedback/suggestions.

Quick Reply: 2007 JK Build Feedback