Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

35" Mallcrawler to 38" Realcrawler Stone White Build

Old 10-30-2011, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Lookin' good! glad to hear the bilsteins are much better. What's your impression on the bushwacker flats?

Can't wait to see the 38's on the 2 door.
I love the flats! Honestly i like the no-fender look and may go that route eventually, but i think the flats add a cool look and definitely all kinds of flex room. only problem is, if you get them, be prepared to want bigger tires!! lol

-Adam
Old 11-06-2011, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Quick update: got news that the new rear bumper and wheels will be in on monday afternoon, so i went ahead this weekend and cut down my Rubi rails and trimmed the pinch seam. Nothing like an excuse to buy a sawzall and an angle grinder!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0189.jpg
Views:	1321
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	233084
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0190.jpg
Views:	1303
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	233085

There SHOULD be enough room for the new meats now...but its gonna be close! Hopefully should have them on by wednesday, and then be able to start the rest of the trimming/bumpstopping process lol.

-Adam
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rims and bumper got here yesterday!!!

Ended up changing my order from the Pro Comps that i originally wanted to the Mickey Thompson SideBiters, due to what seems like a shortage in every procomp rim lol.

Went ahead an put on the Olympic Defender rear bumper. I decided to paint the body area below the tailgate, as i wasnt a fan of the white lower area once it was exposed

Finally, took the tires and rims in today to get them mounted!

Before:

After:

I'm not sure the pictures even do this thing justice. I am beyond happy with the way it turned out. Got stopped twice in a matter of 30 min on the way home by people wanting to ask about the tires. Rides like a dream---two of the wheels needed only ONE OUNCE to balance--blew my mind. And my gas mileage has stayed the same, if not a little better around town (Though i havent had it on the highway yet, which is where i'm assuming i'll see more loss)

The next step (other than the ORFAB carrier) is going to be a set of adjustable rear lowers (already have the uppers) and a new driveshaft so i can move the rear axle back about an inch and further from the pinch seam. May throw on a 1" bodylift just for good measure, and then it will be time to measure for bumpstops. Oh yeah---and so far no rubbing lock to lock in the front, at least while on flat ground!!!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

You are living the dream with this one! Looking forward to your next installment.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love the setup... looks tough!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice (said in a Borat tone)!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This has really come together! I love the way it sits. Let me know if you ever decide to get rid of the bushwacker flares! I've got dreams of 37s anyway... But the flexing room for the 35's would be great!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my ORFab Rear Non-Jerry-Can Tire Carrier in and installed...there's a million threads on it, so i didnt do a step by step, just a few finished pics. This thing is STOUT! The only complaint I have about the entire thing is I wish ORFab would separate their hardware instead of just throwing it all in a big bag lol...made for a little digging!!

I also installed a Performance Accessories 1" Body lift to begin to address the little bit of rubbing i'm having in the rear. Here are some before and after pics, but its kinda hard to tell due to the angle of the cut fender that it moved up much lol.

Driver's before:

Driver's after:

Passenger Before:

Passenger After:

NOTE: So after installing the body lift AND cutting the inner shift boot as directed, i'm still having issues with the jeep popping out of 2nd/4th/6th while driving. I've actually narrowed it down to being the OUTER shift boot, too much rubber causing too much pressure on the shifter. Instead of going with the Rough Country adapter, i ordered a new two-tone shift boot from RedlineGoods. Its leather, should eliminate the binding--and look better too! lol

Still need to get some new poser pics put together!

-Adam
Old 12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Super Freak

really nice build! do you have any more picture of the rear bumper? how does the quality feel? im considering this as my next purchase.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good

Quick Reply: 35" Mallcrawler to 38" Realcrawler Stone White Build