Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

35" Mallcrawler to 38" Realcrawler Stone White Build

Old 01-15-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a small update this time...after installing the 1" body lift, the jeep would no longer stay in gear in 2nd, 4th, 6th, or reverse due to the inner and outer shift boots being too stiff. I trimmed the inner one per the install instructions, but it still didnt help. I opted to go ahead and just buy an aftermarket leather shift boot from redlinegoods.com. Got it in less than a week from across the big pond, and it looks great!

My 3" lower rear bumpstops came in as well, 2 bolts each and they were good to go. Between them and cutting a little more of the pinch seam, i now have 38's that i can stuff without rubbing!

60" high-lift extreme showed up too--got it mounted on the OR-Fab carrier, and secured both it and the spare tire from theft with an adjustable-tension cable lock.

Finally---took it out wheelin today!! Everythings working great...so far...lol

Old 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is a nice little beast haha. Looks great
Old 01-15-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rig looks good. Ive always had an interest in the geolanders. Maybe we can hook up and wheel Turkey Bay sometime.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Well put together, I'm a big fan of that front bumper.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

How do you lock the tire to the carrier? Concerned about theft. I really like that alot. Also what keeps it from opening too far and swinging around to hit the other side?
Old 01-16-2012, 09:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hombredelassrtas
How do you lock the tire to the carrier? Concerned about theft. I really like that alot. Also what keeps it from opening too far and swinging around to hit the other side?
The cable lock that you see in the picture actually locks both the hi-lift and the tire to the carrier. And the tension on the carrier is adjustable, mine is set so tight that the carrier won't move on its own without some help.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haven't updated in a while, but I've been busy with the toy!!!

Picked up an XRC-8 and got it installed...needed the olympic winch mount plate, which 4WD had in stock so no issues:

Putting in the winch meant losing the stock foglights, so i bolted up a pair of 2"x6" slimlites, hooked to the factory foglight harness by a relay so they work off the steering wheel stalk just like the factory ones:

My old CB took a dive for some reason--everyone else could hear me, but it had awful feedback when receiving. Nothing I did or tested made a difference, so i opted for the new Cobra 29. Looks awesome, better features, and works flawlessly!

Finally, I was leaving town for about 10 days, so I dropped the lil beast off at the shop with a big box of parts to have installed finally while i was gone!! Started with re-gearing to 5.13's, and the list continued...

Lower control arm skids front:

And rear:

C-Gussets, RCV axle shafts, ******* ball joints, and Evo Magnum 44 sleeves:

Purejeep backbone brace/truss:

And Coast driveshafts front & rear:

I've got an Evo draglink flip kit, but the new trackbar mount isnt going to work with the backbone brace, so i've got to figure something else out. Headed out tomorrow to hit the trail and i cant wait!!!

-Adam

Last edited by isolated1523; 04-20-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

From the trail today---the lil beast is performing better than i could have expected!!!

-Adam
Old 04-22-2012, 07:28 PM
JK Newbie

dang! looks good!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Update:

So far so good with the current mods, until today at least! Had some lash-type noise that i tracked down to loose rear lower arms, still got a squeak that i cant find (think its a bushing) and while out on the trail today my rear locker finally crapped out...now it engages, but wont hold at all when turning and is intermittent when going straight. Guess its time for a super44 kit and an ARB..and why not truss it while i'm at it? lol

Here's a couple pics from yesterday:

-Adam

Last edited by isolated1523; 05-20-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: 35" Mallcrawler to 38" Realcrawler Stone White Build