Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

35" Mallcrawler to 38" Realcrawler Stone White Build

Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adam, sorry for all the questions but here's another. What's your actual mounted diameter on your Geolanders? And do you know what the weight is on them? Thanks again, I'm really liking the look of those 38's on your rig.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Colegrove03
Dude your jeep is looking killer man! I'm glade to hear your upgrading to bigger axles also. Last we talked you were interested in possibly going the Dynatrac rout. Did you get a good deal on your axles? Just wondered what the estimated cost difference was after building your junkyards axles compared to the Dynatracs. I imagine you are selling your built up 44's? Let me know a price and I'll spread the word once your ready to sell.

Last time we talked months ago my jeep was down. Well it still is down but should be ready within the next couple of weeks! It went though a massive change also! Hope to wheel with you once your back.
So far i'm about 4 grand in...found a killer Ford HP60 that's already built; 5.38s, Ox locker, chromoly shaft, CTM joints, and warn hubs. Just needs calipers. Also picked up a full float 14bolt with a detroit and chromoly shafts, just needs shaved and regeared. Axle-wise, i should be into both for under 6 grand, which includes trussing them both. I sold the 44's before I deployed to a guy on here in Alabama (Kenzila), along with the shocks and arms.

Why is yours down again??

-Adam
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by troyoffroad
Adam, sorry for all the questions but here's another. What's your actual mounted diameter on your Geolanders? And do you know what the weight is on them? Thanks again, I'm really liking the look of those 38's on your rig.
No worries at all man. The tires are pretty light for their size, 80lbs apiece in the 17" rim size. Once they were mounted they measured right at 37", which is about normal as far as i know.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Adam
Old 01-01-2013, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by isolated1523

So far i'm about 4 grand in...found a killer Ford HP60 that's already built; 5.38s, Ox locker, chromoly shaft, CTM joints, and warn hubs. Just needs calipers. Also picked up a full float 14bolt with a detroit and chromoly shafts, just needs shaved and regeared. Axle-wise, i should be into both for under 6 grand, which includes trussing them both. I sold the 44's before I deployed to a guy on here in Alabama (Kenzila), along with the shocks and arms.

Why is yours down again??

-Adam
Damn you did find a great deal on your 60 for sure! Your axle set will be great also. A very good buddy of mine runs built Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear and they seem to be indestructible. With already selling your 44's that's is great that you only have to come out of pocket with just a few grand to have your new setup. Your jeep is gonna be a beast when your finished man. Look forward to seeing it when your done. Do you have a time frame as to when you think your jeep will be ready to wheel again?

My jeep has been down due to the custom cage my buddy has been building for it. Also King 2.5 IBP coilovers. Sprintex supercharger, here's seats because I'm a wuss in the cold! And some other things then it should be done! Or at least till I talk myself into a Atlas transfercase! Crap I think I just talked myself into it..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Colegrove03
Damn you did find a great deal on your 60 for sure! Your axle set will be great also. A very good buddy of mine runs built Dana 60 front and 14 bolt rear and they seem to be indestructible. With already selling your 44's that's is great that you only have to come out of pocket with just a few grand to have your new setup. Your jeep is gonna be a beast when your finished man. Look forward to seeing it when your done. Do you have a time frame as to when you think your jeep will be ready to wheel again?

My jeep has been down due to the custom cage my buddy has been building for it. Also King 2.5 IBP coilovers. Sprintex supercharger, here's seats because I'm a wuss in the cold! And some other things then it should be done! Or at least till I talk myself into a Atlas transfercase! Crap I think I just talked myself into it..
LOL lately i feel like i can talk myself into any mod!

My goal is to have it wheeling by next winter..i get back in late april/early may, but with the twins bein born here in a week or two, findin jeep time will be rough for a lil while after i get home lol!

-Adam
Old 01-02-2013, 09:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can talk myself into anything! It's a problem of mine. Congratulations on the babies also! You will for sure have your hands full for awhile. Hope you have enough time for both the babies and your jeep man! I'll be looking forward to seeing it.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

looks like a good solid build
Old 10-24-2014, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

I just enjoyed reading through this thread. Any updates?
Old 10-25-2014, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Actually yeah, finally got the tires mounted to the axles, axles placed and secured enough to make it a roller finally...now that I've done all this, I'm thinkin about not selling it and maybe finishing it lol...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20141025_160809.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	581564

Name:	ForumRunner_20141025_160826.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	581565

Name:	ForumRunner_20141025_160834.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	581566

Name:	ForumRunner_20141025_160844.jpg
Views:	524
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	581567
Old 10-25-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any problems with the cb above your dash? I replaced my cobra 75 (i think thats it. Its the one mic and everything in one) i put a cobra 25 on my dash like that and now my gps doesnt want to get a signal.

Quick Reply: 35" Mallcrawler to 38" Realcrawler Stone White Build