Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

BEAST - Building a 6.1 Hemi Powered JKU on 43's

Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Re subscribed
Old 10-01-2012, 04:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Your getting another set of wheels or are you just adding bead locks to the inside of the wheel?

And do jeeps need smog checks i though it was just older cars that need it i haven't gotten ask by the DMV for a smog check and I've had my jeep almost 3 years?
The Stauns are an internal bead lock. I've had a real challenge with my current tire and wheel combo - at anything lower than 11 psi, I have been burping air out of the inside of the rim, and at 6 psi, I busted two beads. The swappers at 11psi don't flex enough to give me very good traction - I need to get them down to 4 to 5 psi. The Stauns should fix this problem.

Not sure about new Jeeps, but I think mine needs to be smogged every 2 or 3 years.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
Re subscribed
Great - thanks for re-upping!
Old 10-01-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALIJK

The Stauns are an internal bead lock. I've had a real challenge with my current tire and wheel combo - at anything lower than 11 psi, I have been burping air out of the inside of the rim, and at 6 psi, I busted two beads. The swappers at 11psi don't flex enough to give me very good traction - I need to get them down to 4 to 5 psi. The Stauns should fix this problem.

Not sure about new Jeeps, but I think mine needs to be smogged every 2 or 3 years.
Oh okay dam well hopefully it dose fix it
And my jeep is an 07 also but i guess we will find out soon(:
Old 10-01-2012, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love how cleanly and well thought-out the Beast has been built. Many Jeeps looks ridiculous with anything larger than 37 inch tires (some even with that) but yours looks spot on and darn sexy! Which just brought a thought to mind, once she's all done you should have a photo shoot with an attractive model. Beauty and the Beast... Anyhow, can't wait to see how it all plays out with the many more mods yet to come.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm signed up. Not missing this build till the very end. Learned more from your previous thread than all the magazine articles I've read to date. I wish I knew what you and Jim Cox forgot
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomthompson
I love how cleanly and well thought-out the Beast has been built. Many Jeeps looks ridiculous with anything larger than 37 inch tires (some even with that) but yours looks spot on and darn sexy! Which just brought a thought to mind, once she's all done you should have a photo shoot with an attractive model. Beauty and the Beast... Anyhow, can't wait to see how it all plays out with the many more mods yet to come.
Thank you! Great suggestion about the photo shoot. I know a great photographer, and my wife is pretty darn hot, so maybe we can make this happen...

Originally Posted by nhk19
I'm signed up. Not missing this build till the very end. Learned more from your previous thread than all the magazine articles I've read to date. I wish I knew what you and Jim Cox forgot
Thanks, and I agree; I've learned a ton, even though most of what Jim says goes right over my head, but I take notes!!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CALIJK
No, I'm lucky to have company cars I can drive and I have a Ford Fiesta that gets 40 miles to the gallon for when going long distance. But, one of my requirements for this build is that it stay street legal and we've been able to do this by adding some removable semi-truck mud flaps to all four wheels. It actually rides great on the freeway and I've had it up to 75, with no issues. Of course, the gas mileage stinks...!
My company perks only kick in if I am on my death bed.
That Jeep is awesome. I wish I could pick up the kids from school in the Beast!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BrowniesJK
Re subscribed
Same here!!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Re subscribed!

Quick Reply: BEAST - Building a 6.1 Hemi Powered JKU on 43's