Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

billetsilverJK's 2 Door Build , i like jeeps

Old 02-15-2017, 02:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default billetsilverJK's 2 Door Build , i like jeeps

First things first id like to share a beer with each and every one of you . Cheers

My name is Mike, I'm stationed in Southern Maryland , active duty U.S. Coast Guard.

Let me dive right into it, About a week ago (Feb 11, 2017) I bought my first JK wrangler. Ive had 5 Jeeps previously , but this is the first one I have had to make payments on . I kind of have a jeep problem from what ive been told.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My First jeep was a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ , Bought stock, built it up and sold it within a year.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0201.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	666637

It was a great jeep and I do regret + miss it. Ran 5.5 In of lift, 33s, lockers front and rear (aussie) ,skid plates blah blah blah. It really could take on anything I threw at it and kept up with all of the bigger rigs , sold it with 160k miles for 6,000$ .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next I picked up another stock 99 Jeep Cherokee, yeah not sure why I did this, stock again, bad condition but I made it more of a summer project.

Name:	IMG_1509.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	666638

Only Kept this one for 2 months. Had a ton of problems, it was sitting for around a year and I picked it up for 1200$ . It had leather and a Sunroof! Kept this simple, just a 3in lift and 31s. Sold it for $4500 with 175k on the clock.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 3rd jeep was a 97 Wrangler.

Name:	IMG_1779.JPG
Views:	240
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	666640Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	666641

I had a lot of fun with it, main problems being that it had the painfully slow 2.5L , Trust when I say don't do it if you get the choice, the 4 banger IS that bad. It introduced me to the other side of jeeps. I liked it a lot besides that and had a good time with it until the frame cracked (north east problems). I threw some used 33s on it, a front aussie locker and a budget boost on it. Attached I have a picture of it at Rausch Creek. During my time there I nearly hydrolocked my engine and I killed my alternator. This taught me to keeps away from the water . I liked the jeep a lot but,,, my brother said he was about to sell his XJ. So I decided I would sell this TJ and I got $4500 with 185k miles on it and telling the new owner about all of the issues. I still see that jeep around a lot, he drives it like a damn sports car. But anyway that brings me to my 4th Jeep.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 4th jeep was my brothers 99 CHEROKEE, yes another one.

Name:	IMG_2707.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	666642
I did love this one too, my brother had some 31s and a 3 in lift on it , while that was nice I wanted bigger. So I went and bought a set of 35s and brought the lift up to 4.5in . I had it regeared by GLOBEX PERFORMANCE in Toms River NJ to 4.88s. The jeep did great, I tried to wheel it every weekend I could. I put a lot of parts and time into the jeep, but unfortunately I wanted to get something I would feel good about driving home with , being a 6 hour drive , well the jeep didn't love it .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This finally brings me to My JK!

Name:	b5f859dd7ed085f0a9fcf2e777b0a958x.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	666643Click image for larger version

Name:	e2b3591481788ec42f882574f374e357x.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	666644Click image for larger version

Name:	ff8f845174387b6ffc65b723f947d16fx.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	666645

I'm really excited for this build. its a 2015 Auto with 21k miles. I'm starting to plan out my build for something capable, reliable, and beefy.

I chose the auto over manual for a few reasons, even though I wanted another manual, I had to come to my senses, long trips, traffic, and wheeling a manual all kind of made me go towards an auto, and I don't regret it at all. Most of my friends who have 6 speed wranglers say that they would rather have an auto, I guess its a personal preference. Ive have my share of manual cars and have decided to go this route. I like the power behind the 3.6 also. The jeep came with a 7 Year/100,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty. Not sure how long it will be until I void that but I guess its nice to have.

Anyway that's all for now, I plan to post as much as I can about the jeep so I have a constant "journal" of what ive done.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The 4cyl TJ is a blast on the trails and poking around town but you're right- absolutely painful on the highway. I sold mine for $4200 with 250k to step into the JK. The 4cyl and 3 speed auto combo pushed me into the 6 speed. People don't understand that pain
Old 02-15-2017, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
The 4cyl TJ is a blast on the trails and poking around town but you're right- absolutely painful on the highway. I sold mine for $4200 with 250k to step into the JK. The 4cyl and 3 speed auto combo pushed me into the 6 speed. People don't understand that pain

oh for sure they are great wheelin, super small , they fit anywhere!. but yeah I had the 5 speed and it wasn't any better . I would love getting pushed off the highway on a windy day .
Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Welcome to the forum, Mike.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Little update,

Put around 3k miles on the jeep so far and I love it, starting to figure out which way I want to go with it and what I want to do,

for now just a few wheeling pics from the last trip.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0009 - Copy.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	667961   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0026.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	3.10 MB
ID:	667962   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0054.jpg
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	667963   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0055.jpg
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	667964   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0058.jpg
Size:	2.99 MB
ID:	667965  

Name:	DSC_0072.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	3.56 MB
ID:	667966  

Last edited by billetsilverjk; 03-08-2017 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Just made my first big purchase for the jeep.

(4) 315/70/17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires

after doing tons of research it seemed as though everyone loves them so far, so ill give them a shot.

Total was $1060.00 through Discount Tire Direct using their coupon on ebay. Added the tire certificates for an extra $158. Happy with the price!
Old 03-16-2017, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

and here they are, all I can say is wow these are beautiful.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Really cool what you have accomplished over the years

Originally Posted by billetsilverjk
First things first id like to share a beer with each and every one of you . Cheers

My name is Mike, I'm stationed in Southern Maryland , active duty U.S. Coast Guard.

Let me dive right into it, About a week ago (Feb 11, 2017) I bought my first JK wrangler. Ive had 5 Jeeps previously , but this is the first one I have had to make payments on . I kind of have a jeep problem from what ive been told.
My First jeep was a 2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ , Bought stock, built it up and sold it within a year.
Attachment 666637

It was a great jeep and I do regret + miss it. Ran 5.5 In of lift, 33s, lockers front and rear (aussie) ,skid plates blah blah blah. It really could take on anything I threw at it and kept up with all of the bigger rigs , sold it with 160k miles for 6,000$ .

Next I picked up another stock 99 Jeep Cherokee, yeah not sure why I did this, stock again, bad condition but I made it more of a summer project.
Attachment 666638

Only Kept this one for 2 months. Had a ton of problems, it was sitting for around a year and I picked it up for 1200$ . It had leather and a Sunroof! Kept this simple, just a 3in lift and 31s. Sold it for $4500 with 175k on the clock.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My 3rd jeep was a 97 Wrangler.

Attachment 666640Attachment 666641

I had a lot of fun with it, main problems being that it had the painfully slow 2.5L , Trust when I say don't do it if you get the choice, the 4 banger IS that bad. It introduced me to the other side of jeeps. I liked it a lot besides that and had a good time with it until the frame cracked (north east problems). I threw some used 33s on it, a front aussie locker and a budget boost on it. Attached I have a picture of it at Rausch Creek. During my time there I nearly hydrolocked my engine and I killed my alternator. This taught me to keeps away from the water . I liked the jeep a lot but,,, my brother said he was about to sell his XJ. So I decided I would sell this TJ and I got $4500 with 185k miles on it and telling the new owner about all of the issues. I still see that jeep around a lot, he drives it like a damn sports car. But anyway that brings me to my 4th Jeep.
My 4th jeep was my brothers 99 CHEROKEE, yes another one.

Attachment 666642
I did love this one too, my brother had some 31s and a 3 in lift on it , while that was nice I wanted bigger. So I went and bought a set of 35s and brought the lift up to 4.5in . I had it regeared by GLOBEX PERFORMANCE in Toms River NJ to 4.88s. The jeep did great, I tried to wheel it every weekend I could. I put a lot of parts and time into the jeep, but unfortunately I wanted to get something I would feel good about driving home with , being a 6 hour drive , well the jeep didn't love it .

This finally brings me to My JK!

Attachment 666643Attachment 666644Attachment 666645

I'm really excited for this build. its a 2015 Auto with 21k miles. I'm starting to plan out my build for something capable, reliable, and beefy.

I chose the auto over manual for a few reasons, even though I wanted another manual, I had to come to my senses, long trips, traffic, and wheeling a manual all kind of made me go towards an auto, and I don't regret it at all. Most of my friends who have 6 speed wranglers say that they would rather have an auto, I guess its a personal preference. Ive have my share of manual cars and have decided to go this route. I like the power behind the 3.6 also. The jeep came with a 7 Year/100,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty. Not sure how long it will be until I void that but I guess its nice to have.

Anyway that's all for now, I plan to post as much as I can about the jeep so I have a constant "journal" of what ive done.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rubikum
Really cool what you have accomplished over the years
hey thanks! a lot of blood and sweat for sure. its a lot more work to keep the old ones running
Old 03-24-2017, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

ive always liked the rubicon hard rock wheels. I know some people like them and others don't, but I found myself a set of 5 and couldn't pass up the deal!

Quick Reply: billetsilverJK's 2 Door Build , i like jeeps