Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

First post and already asking for help

Old 08-19-2015, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Short Bus: Yellow JKU Rubi Metalcloak build

Long time lurker -- you guys have been tremendously helpful without even knowing it. I've convinced my wife to let us pick up a second Jeep, and here we are.

Picked up the base jeep over the weekend, have the parts on order. Let the waiting begin!

Base: Baja Yellow JKU Rubi
MetalCloak 3.5 GameChanger w/ 6Pack
MetalCloak Full Overline System
MetalCloak Front & Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier
ProRock 44 Unlimited Front Axle w/ HD Balljoints
37x12.5x17 Wrangler MTR
ATX Ledge 17" Wheels
Warn PowerPlant 9.5 (winch/compressor)
PIAA Lights
4.88 Gears

I'll be adding some undercarriage armor soon - probably Element or Poison Spider.

What amateur mistakes am I making with this setup?

--
Rotsam

2015 Black JKU Rubi, ProComp 2.5" w/ ES9000, Smittybilt XRC Rails/Bumpers, ProComp 35s, Warn 9.5cti
2015 Yellow JKU Rubi, mods incoming

Last edited by Rotsam; 08-25-2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:30 PM
JK Newbie

That's not the build sheet of an amateur, so don't worry about that! It's an excellent setup. Personally I would switch the 6-paks to the fox edition, and switch from a power plant to a traditional winch and a separate compressor system. As for under armor I would suggest the Artec kit. Just my .02
Old 09-30-2015, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea that's a pretty awesome setup. The 6packs require maintenance and charging I believe and unless you really think you need that travel the OME LT shocks or Fox's are really good. I would also get a separate winch and compressor setup but that's just me. Overall looks like a really good build sheet.

Are you doing the install yourself or having a shop take care of it?
Old 10-06-2015, 07:28 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the feedback. Parts should hit the ground this week, and I've asked the pros at Jeep Masters to do the install for me. I am curious on the separate winch/compressor preference -- is there a performance hit with the Power Plant setup?

I initially spec'd the Fox shocks, but was only a bit more to try the 6pack setup.

I'm planning to push this build pretty hard with tours through Moab, Rubicon and Southern Colorado.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

The power plant us a great winch and the compressor does a very good job. I think the negatives are that all your eggs are in one basket. I had the compressor fail on a hardly used power plant and had no backup. Highway driving either 15 pounds in the tires is not a good long term idea.

Sold that Jeeo and got another. This time I'm using a Smittybilt compressor in a bag. Cheap and does a great job.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rotsam
Thanks for the feedback. Parts should hit the ground this week, and I've asked the pros at Jeep Masters to do the install for me. I am curious on the separate winch/compressor preference -- is there a performance hit with the Power Plant setup? I initially spec'd the Fox shocks, but was only a bit more to try the 6pack setup. I'm planning to push this build pretty hard with tours through Moab, Rubicon and Southern Colorado.
let us know how the 6-paks keep up with hardcore use. And my issue with the power plant was that it ties two pretty vital items together, and it blocks almost the entire radiator.

Quick Reply: First post and already asking for help