Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

help!

Old 11-18-2014, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!

Hello, I am trying to do some shopping for my boyfriend for Christmas. I was looking for some good off road accessories for his jk. Something like an LED light bar, etc. He has a sahara edition jk. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks!
Old 11-18-2014, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get him som rigid duallys for the windshield. Cheaper than an light bar but still great lights.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 11-18-2014, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sweetsmile
Hello, I am trying to do some shopping for my boyfriend for Christmas. I was looking for some good off road accessories for his jk. Something like an LED light bar, etc. He has a sahara edition jk. Any ideas would be helpful! Thanks!
He should probably marry you immediately.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

What does he do with his Jeep? What has he talked about doing to his jeep? This would help to know.

Most of us on here have the "laundry list" of mods and accessories we want to add. Some are pointless until another is coupled with it or added on in reasonable time. For example, don't buy 35" tires if he has no plans to lift it. Don't buy a winch if he has nothing to mount it to. Don't buy a programmer if he intends to remain stock.

Give direction and we can help.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
What does he do with his Jeep? What has he talked about doing to his jeep? This would help to know.

Most of us on here have the "laundry list" of mods and accessories we want to add. Some are pointless until another is coupled with it or added on in reasonable time. For example, don't buy 35" tires if he has no plans to lift it. Don't buy a winch if he has nothing to mount it to. Don't buy a programmer if he intends to remain stock.

Give direction and we can help.

Well he wants to go off roading with it. He just got this jk after having a wj so it's still pretty stock, no mods yet. He definitely wants to do plenty of mods but he talks about so many I can't keep up and just nod along haha. I know he definitely plans to lift it, definitely wants exterior lighting. What's a programmer? What are things some good accessories that are good for beginning a new build?
Old 11-18-2014, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by stagedtrip
He should probably marry you immediately.
I concur!
Old 11-18-2014, 03:06 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sweetsmile
Well he wants to go off roading with it. He just got this jk after having a wj so it's still pretty stock, no mods yet. He definitely wants to do plenty of mods but he talks about so many I can't keep up and just nod along haha. I know he definitely plans to lift it, definitely wants exterior lighting. What's a programmer? What are things some good accessories that are good for beginning a new build?
if he is doing a lift eventually, he will most likely put on bigger tires and need a programmer for the tire sizing. The programmer corrects the computer for proper readout of speed, proper shifting (auto), etc. lights are a good move as he can use them now and the cost for the complete project isn't too high. Not knowing your budget, or his intended off road use (trails, crawling, over landing, etc), it's tough to point you in the right direction for the lift. Now, if he knows he just wants a simple budget boost lift, you can get a teraflex kit for about $600 for entry level. If he wants more than that, that $600 might be down the drain. You could always get him a gift card or certificate to a vendor and he can apply that to the lift if it exceeds your budget. Lifts can be anywhere from $600 to as high as $6,000, plus tires, wheels, install, etc.

If you want a "one & done" type of gift:
Lights
Interior accessories
Back up camera
Skid plates
Roof rack
Tinted windows
Battery pack
Gift card to apply toward a bigger project
Programmer (features he can use now and after the lift) there are programmers that are really nice and some that are basic function. Anywhere from $150-$600
Snorkel
Exhaust

Most everything else will be an "ongoing" gift. In other words, with many of these, they are often leading to or accompanied with something:
Tires
Wheels
Lift
Gears
Lockers
Hemi swap (if he really loves you and you plan on sticking around).
Old 11-19-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

i agree with the gift card idea, this is something where you can't go wrong, like if you were to spend a huge amount of money on a lift, when he was looking into and wanted another brand. also with the gift card you can feel free to use as much money as you want. depending on how serious you guys are you may not be planning to spend $500, most jeep mods can be well over this amount of money. i would look into something like a vendor gift card, instead of a company. a vendor if you're not familiar sells products from multiple companies, this way there's no chance he won't find something he doesn't like. idk what everyone prefers here but sites like 4wheelparts, 4wd, and dare i say it, quadratec. there are plenty more of these but any of those should get you in the ball park.

Quick Reply: help!