Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

help please, newbie here regarding lifts

Old 07-23-2015, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please, newbie here regarding lifts

can I get some quick advice.

2014 jeep sahara 4door - bought her new in nov 2014

I want to lift this, but within a budget, don't want the suspension lift....just body lift and probably 33" tires. I think that would make it look nice. Plus this is my dd

which lift from what manuf?

I'll need the tire air stem monitoring for each tire, was told them run 60 per tire and need dealer to install?

thanks, please all advice will help me out.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Start reading this https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...-lifts-288269/
Old 07-24-2015, 12:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't do a body lift. That is not common with a JK. For $250, get the Teraflex budget boost. Works great, retains the stock coils and shocks, and therefore rides about the same. Kit has everything you need.

The TPMS (tire pressure) sensors in your current wheels can be resused and that is what I would recommend. The dealer does not need to do anything regardless of what you do. The sensors are just screwed on to the valves on the inside of the tires. So, if you reuse the stock wheels, you don't have to do anything. If you get new wheels, have a shop remove the sensors for you. Best thing to do in that case is go to a good shop (Discount Tire). They will beat any price you can find. They will charge you a nominal fee to pull the sensors from your old wheels and put them in the new wheels.

Also, you will get more feedback if you post in the modified section. However, read the link noted above before doing so.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

You don't need a lift for 33's rubicons come with 32's. Don't do a body lift-especially with an auto. Get a leveling spacer kit to start.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you want to keep or sell your original rims/tires with the TPMS still in them, I just bought a set of 5 TPMS sensors on Amazon for $65. You don't need to pay $100/sensor.

Quick Reply: help please, newbie here regarding lifts