Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

JJ's Adventure Mobile

Old 09-25-2015, 05:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JJ's Adventure Mobile

Hey all,

It's about time I finally write up what I've got going on here. In July 2014, I traded in my 2012 Liberty (KK) bought a new JKU Rubi in Anvil with the power group option as the only "must have" on top of the Rubicon model. My reasoning for the trade in, while the KK was a good Jeep, was to be able to build the ultimate adventure mobile. I pushed my KK to the limits and reasonable potential for modding, so I upgraded when a great deal came my way. My goal for the JKUR was to be versatile, capable, and take me any place I could want to go. The potential for modding was a nice draw, too

Old to new:

(yes it came with doors, and yes I was in a hurry to take them off)

My first priority was to get a set of doorless mirrors, soft top, and tube doors (to make my family feel like it was "safe" with the doors off lol). Chose the TrekTop NX and Warrior Product tube doors. Before the end of July, I was already taking up a lot of space with Jeep parts.

Shortly after moving back to VA, I added a Quadratec Q9500i winch on a Rockford 4x4 plate and got to exploring!

Last edited by JJohnson1892; 09-25-2015 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

So, after some good fun in the GWNF and getting to Rausch Creek as a mere stocker, I decided that it was time to mod

First up was taking care of some small projects to make DD life better. I added a Tuffy trunk enclosure, KC cyclones to light it up, an sPod for this and future electrical works, and Rigid Duallys for some flood lighting. I had also tossed in a Cobra CB and RAM mounts (pictures coming).

After some hemming and hawing, I knew it was about time to lift and prep my wallet for tires. I chose the AEV 2.5" DualSport XT after doing a good bit of research, and was helped out by new buddies Cody and Mike with the install (Feb 2015). It went smooth, although I'm still hunting down a rattle since installing it!

Post install, netted a hair over 3".

Time to get back out and explore. After some GWNF fun, I went down to Windrock, TN with a bunch of JKs and had a blast!

Last edited by JJohnson1892; 09-25-2015 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

After a bunch of traveling for work, moving to PA, and all that, I didn't find much time to wheel. I did, however, find my wallet filling up and was ready to commit to some more Jeep mods. In preparation for my dream Gobi rack, I decided to pick up a Mopar top on Craigslist for cheap ($500 for top, 2 sets of tinted windows, and 2 sets of door surrounds)

So, tires were looming in the distance.... Ended up going with 35" KM2s on my stock Rubi snowflakes (love the wheel) and will likely ugrade later on. Running a 1.5" spacer and it looks great and wheels pretty good! Also added some ACE sliders over the Rubi rails in the mean time.

Got right out and wheeled with GreenRubi!

Last edited by JJohnson1892; 09-25-2015 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

And now, as of posting it, I'm waiting on the delivery of an ACE rear bumper and tire carrier, as well as a Gobi stealh rack. My posts above are lacking detail (will add in when I remember it all), but I've found myself lacking space when taking my fiancé and/or friends with me on adventures. Plus, let's be real, Gobis can sell themselves to people that overpack [read: me], so it was a no-brainer when the opportunity arose.

As some of my Jeep buddies can recall, I'm into the "overlanding" scene, although I like to just refer to it as traveling and exploring. The Gobi opens up a few doors, including simple storage or the possibility of an RTT. We'll see where I end up with that...

For now, I'll be waiting on delivery and installing some goodies in the next few weeks. Vermont Overland Rally is my next trip up, followed by some more wheeling.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Added an ACE rear bumper and tire carrier, plus a Gobi Stealth a couple of weeks ago, then headed to the Vermont Overland Rally and conquered "challenge sections" from the Vermont Overland Trophy! Had a blast and definitely recommend a visit to VT for any east coasters.

Quick Reply: JJ's Adventure Mobile