Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

JK Coolant Leak Only on Winter or Extreme Cold

Old 02-12-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JK Coolant Leak Only on Winter or Extreme Cold

This happened to me about a month now, my 2007 JK is leaking radiator fluid. I tried tracing it but couldn't find where its coming from, but it looks more towards the drivers side. I took it to the auto shop and they run a test and still no leak to be found. Could it be my water pump? My hoses looks fine and nothing leaking from the top. Suggestions anyone?
Old 02-12-2016, 10:26 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chased mine around as well, found seepage at the intake manifold gasket up top.

I had no fluid leak but more of an edge dripping and evaporating from the heat causing steam. I replaced the water pump, pulleys, rear main, oil pan gasket, while doing the clutch and found it.

Might help but who knows, same reason 40z of oil disappears between changes for some of these JKs, just pigs.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
I chased mine around as well, found seepage at the intake manifold gasket up top.

I had no fluid leak but more of an edge dripping and evaporating from the heat causing steam. I replaced the water pump, pulleys, rear main, oil pan gasket, while doing the clutch and found it.

Might help but who knows, same reason 40z of oil disappears between changes for some of these JKs, just pigs.

Thanks man, I hope I don't need a new pump, pain in the butt to change it, especially in the winter time!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Airkoay76
Thanks man, I hope I don't need a new pump, pain in the butt to change it, especially in the winter time!
Really isn't too bad, there's a couple good write ups floating around including a good vid on YouTube.

Lose the belt, unbolt it, clean up the face for new gasket and that's about it. I think it took 2 hours with a beer run while it drained. I pulled the lower hose to drain the system.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by sa29560
Really isn't too bad, there's a couple good write ups floating around including a good vid on YouTube.

Lose the belt, unbolt it, clean up the face for new gasket and that's about it. I think it took 2 hours with a beer run while it drained. I pulled the lower hose to drain the system.
Saw a guy in YouTube did a pretty good instructions on how to replace a water pump. Well I fired my Jeep this morning and sure enough i've located the leak was actually the top hose. I just retighten the clamps and it was good to go. Probably time to replace it, but should be good for now.

Quick Reply: JK Coolant Leak Only on Winter or Extreme Cold