Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

JK505's East Coast Hunting and Weekend Toy Build

Old 11-13-2014, 07:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! I might just have to copy this use for the axe placement. Whole rig is coming along great
Old 11-13-2014, 08:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeffe
Looks great! I might just have to copy this use for the axe placement. Whole rig is coming along great
Thank you, sir. One of the biggest things I want is to conserve on space any way possible. Originally, I wanted to carry a chain saw, but decided to use the winch to move trees and the axe to cut and split. A chainsaw took up too much space and I didn't like the idea of smelling gas all the time.

Last edited by JK505; 11-16-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

I woke up this morning with a big brown box on my porch! I love mornings like this. I got my rubi rails from Ade and decided to put them on. They look brand new and it was nice to have rust free hardware to put them on with. I'll have to do a bit of trimming next weekend before the Rausch creek trip but I'm happy with the new addition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1403.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	584363Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1404.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	584364Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1405.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	584365Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1406.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	584366Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1407.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	584367
Old 11-16-2014, 12:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK505
I woke up this morning with a big brown box on my porch! I love mornings like this. I got my rubi rails from Ade and decided to put them on. They look brand new and it was nice to have rust free hardware to put them on with. I'll have to do a bit of trimming next weekend before the Rausch creek trip but I'm happy with the new addition.

Attachment 584363Attachment 584364Attachment 584365Attachment 584366Attachment 584367
Looks good, I wonder whats the worst that would happen if you didnt trim the rails. I only ask because I got the smittybilt ones that have the ends welded on so it wont let water in and rust the seam. Oh well I guess i will see what i decide to do.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Elvis
Looks good, I wonder whats the worst that would happen if you didnt trim the rails. I only ask because I got the smittybilt ones that have the ends welded on so it wont let water in and rust the seam. Oh well I guess i will see what i decide to do.
If I didn't think they would rub I wouldn't trim them. I honestly don't know it they will rub. I've got brand new synergy 4" coils right now that are giving me closer to 4.5-5" of lift. I've thought about welding them shut instead of capping them too to try and avoid the rusting issue. I honestly don't know which I'll do. I may not trim them at all. Who knows?!

Edit: after looking at the pictures again, I'll definitely trim them. I'm on the tail end of a 12 hour night shift and it's obviously affecting my judgment
Old 11-16-2014, 02:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

If I didn't think they would rub I wouldn't trim them. I honestly don't know it they will rub. I've got brand new synergy 4" coils right now that are giving me closer to 4.5-5" of lift. I've thought about welding them shut instead of capping them too to try and avoid the rusting issue. I honestly don't know which I'll do. I may not trim them at all. Who knows?!

Edit: after looking at the pictures again, I'll definitely trim them. I'm on the tail end of a 12 hour night shift and it's obviously affecting my judgment
LOL. Yea I might have to break down and trim them as well. Thanks for the info
Old 11-19-2014, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

rails look good! i myself am looking for an un trimmed set to run with my stretch, maybe i should just make my own at this point. but i'm too lazy
Old 11-19-2014, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by awinski
rails look good! i myself am looking for an un trimmed set to run with my stretch, maybe i should just make my own at this point. but i'm too lazy
Thanks man, there's quite a few for sale on the billboard. Check there and wait till a good price comes around. I felt like most people wanted too much so I waited until I felt both Ade and I would get a fair deal. As of now, it's a waiting game for this new 15lbs air tank and saving up for the regear and lockers/LSDs.
Old 11-22-2014, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you, sir. One of the biggest things I want is to conserve on space any way possible. Originally, I wanted to carry a chain saw, but decided to use the winch to move trees and the axe to cut and split. A chainsaw took up too much space and I didn't like the idea of smelling gas all the time.
I carry my chainsaw when I'm out at my farm. Just strap it down and it's not bad at all. No gas smell either really. But agree, it's not practical and probably frowned upon in most parks and the GWNF. This coming spring I'm trying to get a big group together to come to my farm to build some trails. The possibilities are huge!!!
Old 11-22-2014, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stubicon
I carry my chainsaw when I'm out at my farm. Just strap it down and it's not bad at all. No gas smell either really. But agree, it's not practical and probably frowned upon in most parks and the GWNF. This coming spring I'm trying to get a big group together to come to my farm to build some trails. The possibilities are huge!!!
I've got two chainsaws, I'd be willing to help out if you're interested. Shoot me a message when you're getting ready to pull the trigger.

Quick Reply: JK505's East Coast Hunting and Weekend Toy Build