Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

LED Light BArs

Old 12-05-2016, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Light BArs

Looking for a 52" Led light bar and brackets with lower mounts for 4" floods for 2013 Sahara unlimited. Found some on Ebay for reasonable prices but don't know whats the quality. Any try any of these that can give me feedback? Are they worth using or better to stick to name brands from quadratrac or extreme
Old 12-05-2016, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Hey man, I had the same dilemma as you. I saved as much money as i could, and i will say you get what you pay for, but i spent about 150$ for my pillar lights, light bar and mounting brackets. Is it the final thing that i'll stick with? probably not, but it has saved me from countless deer collisions since I got it.

I did have to cut, bend, and re-weld the bracket so that it would fit, because i got a 50" bar instead of a 52. If i could go back, id get the 52 and it would have fit much better. That being said, i got to re learn how to weld which was cool.

Bracket
Light Bar
Pillar Lights

The jeep looks like this:
Old 12-05-2016, 10:22 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry about that, the image didn't seem to upload:

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160514_150105.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	662207
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160514_150105.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	662206  
Old 12-05-2016, 12:05 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

I'd say eBay could be hit and miss, but sometimes it works out. I have some cheap 52" mounts off eBay that cost ~$35, and worked great....if not better than most. They just happen to hold the light a little lower than most so I don't get any whistle....with my cheap 50" none the less. Also, the a-pillar mount was just fine. The one thing i might say about the cheap ones is the protection on the backside (against your paint) might not be as good. All in all though, I had no issues with a cheap eBay mount. I used them to run a 50" with a 1" spacer on each side to hold the light firmly in place.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ricetronaut
Hey man, I had the same dilemma as you. I saved as much money as i could, and i will say you get what you pay for, but i spent about 150$ for my pillar lights, light bar and mounting brackets. Is it the final thing that i'll stick with? probably not, but it has saved me from countless deer collisions since I got it.

I did have to cut, bend, and re-weld the bracket so that it would fit, because i got a 50" bar instead of a 52. If i could go back, id get the 52 and it would have fit much better. That being said, i got to re learn how to weld which was cool.

Bracket
Light Bar
Pillar Lights

The jeep looks like this:
I m looking at this setup from ebay

52inch 700W CREE + 4" 18W LED Lights Bar+ Mount Bracket Fit Jeep JK Wrangler 54" | eBay
all the parts should match up for easy install, just hope its not to much light and heat. Concerned about the whistle noise some guys complain about. Hopefully works out, will let you know.
Old 12-06-2016, 02:50 PM
JK Newbie

I used Oz-Usa Led's they are budget friendly and so far I've had no issues. One thing I would recommend is going with a single row setup for your wind shield mounted bar. I have a 50 incher and one of the biggest complaints is the wind noise. The single row keeps the profile lower and seems to keep it from whistling I have had it up to interstate speeds without a single sound.

Quick Reply: LED Light BArs