Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

mikeJKUR - 2014 black 4 door Rubicon build.

Old 12-18-2014, 03:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Stubicon
Did you lose any diff fluid when you installed?
No sir. No leaks.
Old 12-18-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put mine on and it seeped a little.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikeJKUR
here they are TJM Wrangler Rock Slider Bars 735STRSA36ZCDS (07-15 Wrangler JK) - Free Shipping But they are only made for the 4 doors.
Nice simple build! I like the sliders you chose. Protection, steps, and hi lift jack points. I thought I was going to have to build a set because I couldn't fin sliders with jack points. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2014, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Stubicon
I just put mine on and it seeped a little.

Nice new picture Stubicon

Originally Posted by lowrpmtork
Nice simple build! I like the sliders you chose. Protection, steps, and hi lift jack points. I thought I was going to have to build a set because I couldn't fin sliders with jack points. Thanks!
I'm considering getting a pair to cut and reweld to fir a two door. It's really frustrating they're for the 4 doors only...
Old 12-21-2014, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

ok it's update time. about 2 weeks ago I pick up a receiver hitch at d ring off craigslist for $15. That's right 15 for both.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:17 PM
JK Freak

Even with the 3/4 spacers the weight of the winch and the bumper in the front the front end was stting so low that at full flex my tires were rubbing the fenders du to the width of the rims. So I ordered the Rock Krawler 1.5 Flex system for River City Off road. 20% off the lift and 15% off the shocks. I love saving money.

I didn't think I would have time to do anything with it this month but last night while my wife was watching the football game ( that were actually was able to win a game for once) I decide to get started on the lift. I installed 1.5 coils and the Bilstein shocks. I forgot the grease fittings at home so I still need to install the front lower control arms and the front track bar.

Since I already had spacers on I wasn't expecting a big difference in lift in the front and non in the rear. well I measured from the ground to the fender before installing lift and got 36" in the front and 37.5 in the rear. With the new lift I am about 38" on all the way around.
As for the ride, I immediately noticed a difference when going over speed bumps leaving my work parking lot. Before the front end felt heavy. Now it feels like nothing is there. Today me and my wife drove the Jeep while we were Christmas shopping. I ride had greatly improved. These coils and shock handle the weight so must better. I wont say it is better then stock but it does feel like stock. Before when drive on the highway, ripples in the road would feel jarring. Now the suspension just soaks it up.

I am pleasantly surprised with the with amount of lift and ride.

Old 02-25-2015, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

I haven't been good at keeping this updated.

After installing the coils my caster angle was at 3.0. I am almost never on the highway so I will never know if high speed stability was is different. The only thing a have noticed that steering returns straight ahead faster. But that is. Keep in mind I only had only coils for a few weeks before installing the arms. After installing the lower control arms my caster is now in spec at 5.0.
While I was doing the alignment I noticed that the rear coils were bowing. I ordered and installed the coil wedges and it corrects the problem I didn't take any good measurements of the rear so I don't if the wedges added to the height of the vehicle.

This is the one year anniversary of the Jeep. I have 11,000 miles on the clock now. I need to add up what I have spent on it so far. I am sure it is more than I planned. The sad thing is I still don't have a engine skid plate.

Last edited by mikeJKUR; 02-25-2015 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Please let me know where you bought the decals " WRANGLER UNLIMITED" in red.

You can text me at 786-942-7068 or email me at pmc@mikonfinancial.com

Thank you
Old 03-16-2015, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

I found them on ebay. Sorry don't have a link to the seller.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:57 PM
JK Freak

Small update. I came across a great deal on brand new 4 soft doors so I used theA pillars and was hoping the would have came in before a wheeling trip on 5/9/15 but I was not that lucky.

On the 9th I went to Rausch Creek. While t money I had saved up for a engine. I ordered some mirrors to mount on the he group I was with a guy in a JKU 10A asked if he could join us. He had a larger lift then me, at least a 2.5 lift and probably 33s. Well 30 minutes on trails (only on a green trail ) and he some how managed to bend his Trans cooler line. I nice remember to me that skids should be purchased first.

The rest of the day was good for myself and the rest of group. Here is some video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldeh0ocAPwE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kEWL-04ZCI

Quick Reply: mikeJKUR - 2014 black 4 door Rubicon build.