Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

mikeJKUR - 2014 black 4 door Rubicon build.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default mikeJKUR - 2014 black 4 door Rubicon build.

First let me that I am not new to off roading ( 9 years in my last vehicle ) but this will be my first Wrangler. A matter of fact this will be the first time I have not owned a truck so I am looking forward to trying something new.

In my last truck I have been to Harlan Kentucky, Coal Creek Tennessee, URE North Carolina, Rausch creek Pennsylvania, and all over George Washington Forest in Virginia. I love the truck but after 9 years it was time for something new.

I originally wanted a 2 door but with one kid still at home and 2 dogs the 4 door is needed. So on 2/14/2014 traded my 2005 Nissan frontier NISMO

for a 2014 Rubicon 4 door.

Year 2014
Make: Jeep
Model: Wrangler Unlimited
Trim: Rubicon
Color: Black
Old 08-18-2014, 04:55 PM
JK Freak

Default 2/25/2014

At this time I do not want to lift it. I would prefer to get a feel for want it can do stock before I do any drastic changes.
I did want a wider stance just in case I slide on the trail the tires would make contact before the body. I thought about wheel spacer but decided that money would be better spent on a new set of rims. Plus the new rims also give me a wider footprint.

I ordered a set for 5 rims from discount tire direct.

Before.

To this

Old 08-18-2014, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Default 3/8/2014

I cam across a great deal for tube doors on craigslist that I had to jump on. 4 Bestop HighRock 4x4 Element Doors with both front door Enclosures for $225.
All they need is 1 latch that is missing and TLC. I was going to waiting till I had the mirrors, but the weather was so nice today and I was too excited so I installed the front tube doors and removed the freedom top as soon as I got home from picking they up.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Default 3/21/2014

I did a few more cosmetic things this week.

First I did the grill mod. I found a company on e-bay selling a complete kit for $25. only took me 20 minutes. Turned out good.

I also had the silver Rubicon and Wrangler sticker removed and replaced with red ones. I love how it turned out.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Default 4/6/2014

I pick up a soft top off the at was on anther 2014 off of craigslist for $400 last month for the summer and install it earlier this week. I like the look. It took me 1 1/2 hour to remove the hard top and install the soft top. Not bad for my first time since was in no rush.

I also picked up a bestop hoss door cart off of someone from anther forum. not bad for $75. Now I just need the roof cart.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Default 4/16/2014

This past week I picked up a few things for my Wrangler. Got a Jeep logo fuel door from ebay for $42. found out about the deal here in a thread last week.

Yesterday I made a major score on Craigslist. I got a never used tow strap, a new in a box Tuffy driver's under seat storage box, a like new Bestop hoss door and roof carts all for $150.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Default 4/24/2014

Made a huge step forward in getting the vehicle ready for the trails this week.
I have spent the last 2 months looking for a sliders that would fit my needs and let me there are so many choices there I still probably didn't see them all.

Man was I excited when I found the TJM sliders. It was everything I was looking for plus they were half of what I was planning to sped. I would discrible them as mini boat sliders.
I ordered them from Extreme Terrain were I got a great deal on them and in 23 hours they were at my house.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Default 5/11/2014

Ok, this week I was planing to ordered a engine and transmission skid plates but instead I found a pretty good deal on a Rubicon X front bumper.

The bumper did come with the front skid plate.

To be honest, l have always like this bumper. It was the only reason I looked at the Rubicon X but I had no plans to purchasing a Rubicon X specially at the prices I`ve seen them go for. I will rock this for a year and may next year I will get that TJM bumper I have been looking at.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Default 5/18/2014

Went to the NOVAjeepers show and shine yesterday. There were well over a hundred Jeeps so I got to see a lot of different things on jeeps. Somethings I liked. Some I didn't.

I did take advantage of the RTI ramp. I got a 601 with my stock Rubicon. I was quite impressed with the Rubicon. Going up the ramp I never touched the gas. It just crawled right up there.

I didn't win anything but I did get a great deal on diff covers and lower control arm skids form Attitude off road.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Default 6/14/2014

Today day I installed my lower control arm skid on.
The front ones are made by Skid Row. I pick them up and the NOVAJeepers Show & Shine from Attitude off road for only $50. What a great buy. These things well designed.

I also ordered a pair of rear lower control arms made by Rough Country from Extreme Terrain. I hade a coupon code so I only paid $17 for them.

Now I already have a set of Bestop element tube doors and was planning on getting all the parts to encloses by I found a great deal on a pair of Beastop soft doors on craigslist. I only got the 2 front ones by for only $100 I will how I like them. If I do end up like them then I will ordered the rear doors.

Quick Reply: mikeJKUR - 2014 black 4 door Rubicon build.