Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

My 2013 JKUR build

Old 12-09-2014, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

VERY nice...
Old 12-20-2014, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Got my front bumper put on along with body armor and Rocker Knockers all from PSC after powder coat and got to take it out to play some today. I still need to trim the rear fenders for clearance and to match the fronts.

Old 12-21-2014, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OCOutdoors
G/URL]
Looks great!!
Old 01-01-2015, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Took the jeep out to the dunes last week but before that I did rear locker mod and ESP mod. Those two had to be the best mods I've done so far. It's nice to be able to air down and drive around in 2wd locked and it definitly makes a difference with the ESP disabled. Pulled this rail out on way back to camp and also pulled another truck up the hill cause he lost all forward gears.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

A couple of weeks ago I got the Poison Spyder body mount spare tire carrier and rear bumper, I moddified the bumper to accept my Rigid Industries D2 lights before sending all to powdercoat.

Also put new shocks on and was going to buy Senergy Mfg lower shock mounts for the rear that also raised the lower shock up 1-3/8" but decided to just cut off stock mount and reweld it 1-1/4" higher along with move axle side swaybar up 1" to clear the shock mount. Now I am getting the full 11" of shock travel from compression to full droop. Suspension droops out about 1/2" before shock fully extends and hits bumpstop with about 1" of shock shaft showing. I need to make upper front shock mounts to gain about 1" of droop from front suspension.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Finally someone with that tire carrier. I'd love to hear your opinions on it after having it on for a bit. Ease/everyday use, installation, rattles. Thx
Old 01-22-2015, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mr.brav90
Finally someone with that tire carrier. I'd love to hear your opinions on it after having it on for a bit. Ease/everyday use, installation, rattles. Thx
Only on for little over a week, I can tell you it's more of a hassle to get in the back compared to my Hyline bumper/tire carrier because that one would open with the tailgate but that's not a big deal to me as this isn't a DD. Wasn't too bad to install but I did have to modify the backing plate that goes inside quarter panel, it was too long. There is a piece to the locking system that the directions say needed to be installed but it wouldn't fit and it works fine without it. It feels nice and solid whether open or latched in place for driving. No rattles yet but I don't forsee any as it built with tight tolerances.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice. Would you say this allows the tire to sit closer to the body or about the same? Thank you for your reply.
Old 01-23-2015, 03:45 AM
JK Newbie

I would say it sits a little closer.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Trying to get every inch of travel I can out of the suspension/shocks I have. I was using Currie upper front shock mounts but ran into a couple problems: first I had to grind them down some to fit my shocks then I still ran into the problem of shock body rubbing on frame during full extension so I'm hoping I found a solution. I used Synergy lower shock mounts that push lower shock mount out from frame and also built these upper mounts that are 1" lower than the Currie mounts but only move upper shock 3/4" away from frame. 1" lower allows more use of shock travel and not pushing it out as far from frame hopefully eliminates tire rubbing shock at full tuck with tire fully turned. I will find that out as soon as I get a chance to cycle it. My welds are shitty but they will hold and I was more worried how it was goin to work than how it looked. Figured not bad being a made the whole thing out of 1/4" flat stock, grinder and portable bandsaw.

Last edited by OCOutdoors; 01-25-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Quick Reply: My 2013 JKUR build