Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

My slow mass JKUR build.......

Old 10-20-2014, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I ran into some problems. I went to cycle my suspension to check bumpstop length and the rear RK trackbar hits my Poison Spider different and the rear exhaust pipe. Even if I rotate the trackbar it still makes contact with both way before my bumpstops hit. I would not recommend the Poison Spider diff cover if running the RK trackbar. Both are great products but do not work together. Here are some pics.

This is how much space I had between my bumpstops when the exhaust and diff cover made contact with the track bar

How much shock travel I had left

I'll try to research if there is a track bar that works with the PS diff cover.

2011JKUR with stuff.....
Old 10-20-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Ok so here is an update. I cycled my suspension with the coils removed and shocks connected. I lifted the rear end until there was about 1/2" of shock rod exposed. Then measured the space between the stock bumpstops and came up with 1.5", since the metalcloak bumpstops come in 1" increments I added 2" to each side. So hopefully running the appropriate bumpstops will cure the issue with the trackbar and diff cover. Here are some pics.
Here is the measurement of the bumpstop when compressed

Here is the measurement of the shock. Note the rubber spacer at the bottom of the shock. Not sure the purpose of this, maybe to keep from over compressing the shock? Anyways I included it in my measurement.

Here are the metalcloak bumpstops. Easiest mod ever, about 5 min a side.

2011JKUR with stuff.....
Old 10-23-2014, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

I installed the front bump stops today. Having issues with the RK front track bar hitting the PS diff cover. I added 2" of bumpstop to the front, not sure if this will help or not. I tried to rotate the front track bar but I don't have a way to turn the axle side joint since I used the good thread locker when I put it together LOL. Hopefully when all is said and done everything will work together.

2011 JKUR, manual trans and some other stuff.....
Old 10-24-2014, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Having some trouble figuring out my next mods. 35s are looking pretty good right now but I don't look forward to the 3.8 pushing them around either. A regular is possible but I don't really trust the local shops since no one specializes in 4x4s. I will also need a rear tire carrier and was looking at the full width JCR carrier among others. RCV shafts have always been on the radar and I need a new skid system as well. Also thinking of "upgrading" to the 2.5" x factor lift. My wife said the tires and wheels can be paid from the checking account but everything else has to come from my Jeep fund. Decisions decisions..........

2011 JKUR, manual trans and some other stuff.....
Old 11-24-2014, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Well here is the current mod list, not sure which order I will end up buying everything. Tires have to wait until March though. Waiting to see what Black Friday deals everyone is having on the rest of the stuff.

GY Duratracs or BFG KO2 in a 35" mounted on ATX 195s
JCR bumper and tire carrier
RCV axle shafts
Synergy HD skid system
Old 12-10-2014, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Here is my recent addition to the Jeep. Install was pretty straight forward. Overall I am very pleased with the JCR bumper the powder coat was great and should last for a while. Quality was also top notch with no fitment issues and everything works as advertised. Bumper does not make a sound and is very solid. I decided to buy a rear bumper instead of making one simply because of a lack of time. I will however fab a rotopax mount because the Shield carrier I do not believe has a mount available at this time. I used Ridged duallys for the back up lights and an LED third brake light that still needs installed.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Hey man great build thread. Do you have any designs or a write up for your front bumper? I'm thinking about purchasing some metal and building mine to replace my scrap metal one. Yeah I noticed when you had rub your bumpstops weren't installed. I know my teraflex. 2.5 came with the extensions, back were the easiest part to install and the front were god awful. Good luck with the build and keep up the good work.
Old 12-13-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Pyro1415
Hey man great build thread. Do you have any designs or a write up for your front bumper? I'm thinking about purchasing some metal and building mine to replace my scrap metal one. Yeah I noticed when you had rub your bumpstops weren't installed. I know my teraflex. 2.5 came with the extensions, back were the easiest part to install and the front were god awful. Good luck with the build and keep up the good work.
I don't have any plans or a write up. Just kinda took some measurements and went with it. I do have a lot of pics if that would help? Even with the bump stops my track bars still hit the diff covers, still not sure what I am going do. I think the synergy track bar will work but I don't want to just throw money at it hoping something will work.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:45 AM
JK Newbie

Call the guys at rebel they have helped me before. Pictures would be awesome. How did you bend the pipe?
Old 12-20-2014, 10:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

hmmm weird i'm running arb cover and have no issues with my front rk bar. didn't have issues with the ruff stuff cover either.

Quick Reply: My slow mass JKUR build.......