Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

New Jeep JK Build

Old 02-06-2016, 05:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Jeep JK Build

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum. I used to have a 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door which I built with everything from a lift kit, wheels, tires, sound system, hid lights, led lights, bumpers, armor, and so much more. But I don't believe I built it the right way. The lift made the jeep handle horribly (Rough Country 4 inch suspension lift).

I am starting this thread to get opinions and comments on new parts and what is considered the best quality products.

I just purchased a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Polar Edition fully loaded blacked out with all the goodies, it is a 6 speed manual transmission.

All opinions are welcome!!!

My goal in this build is a daily driver for a while with some moderate off roading (no rock crawling or anything like that). I want it to look amazing while still handling every day driving just fine. I am torn between a teraflex 4 inch Elite Long Arm Lift Kit, a 6 inch Teraflex Elite Long Arm Lift kit, and a Rock Krawler Long arm lift kit. I am looking to find out all the parts I truly need for a daily driver and all the parts I do not need. I am looking to run 37 inch Toyo Open Country MT (37x13.50R18) tires as well.

Thank you everyone in advance for the info and help, gonna spend some time looking through the gallery of all these amazing builds and Jeeps.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

I used Rock Krawler for my lift drives as good if not better then stock. I'm pretty sure Teraflex is in the same category, with that said obviously there are things you need to think about. Going over 3 inches means your looking at new drive shafts, probably a drag link flip also. Running 37's means a re-gear and probably some axle mods like Trusses and Shafts depends on your opinion which will do. Stock Tire Mount while doable on 35',with 37's you most certainly need a new one most likely I'd go with a new rear bumper that comes with an integrated swing-mount. That's most of the important stuff I can think of off the top of my head just woke up. Good luck with the project I've already gone farther on mine then I had ever expected, but its been fun.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lugnut74
I used Rock Krawler for my lift drives as good if not better then stock. I'm pretty sure Teraflex is in the same category, with that said obviously there are things you need to think about. Going over 3 inches means your looking at new drive shafts, probably a drag link flip also. Running 37's means a re-gear and probably some axle mods like Trusses and Shafts depends on your opinion which will do. Stock Tire Mount while doable on 35',with 37's you most certainly need a new one most likely I'd go with a new rear bumper that comes with an integrated swing-mount. That's most of the important stuff I can think of off the top of my head just woke up. Good luck with the project I've already gone farther on mine then I had ever expected, but its been fun.

Thank You!

So the 6 inch and 4 inch teraflex lift kits will need the exact same extra parts? (Drive shaft, gears, etc)
Old 02-06-2016, 02:13 PM
JK Newbie

Drive shaft to fix drive line angles caused by going over 3 inches of lift. Gearing to handle the 37's assuming a Sahara I think that's 3.21 or 3.73 most switch to 4.56 or 4.88 to get the power band back where it belongs. Also the trussing and axle shafts strengthen your Dana 44's to keep them from eventually bending from the weight of the larger tires. Even mine on 35's I have plans to at least truss to minimize the chance of future problems.

Quick Reply: New Jeep JK Build