Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

New JK, Rubicon unlimited or Sport unlimited?

Old 01-19-2015, 04:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New JK, Rubicon unlimited or Sport unlimited?

So buying a Jeep to build for family and trails. Will be installing the Dynatrac ProRock 44 in the front and Metalcloak Gamechanger suspension. I am trying to decide should I just buy a Sport and install the front axle and Atlas transfer case? Anyone know if Atlas makes a kit for the JK or does everything have to be customer fabricated? How strong in the stock transfer case, also on the Dynatrac should I use the factory locker with RCV axles or upgrade to Detroit locker with 35-spline RCV axles. Jeep will see allot of street use as well. Opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

What kind of trails will the jeep see? And what size lift and tires do you plan on running? The rubicon as it is is plenty capable. I don't see the need to swap out the stock front D44 for a PR44.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

I would say your are over thinking it as well. The JK is a very capable jeep from the factory (except for tires). Throwing that kind of money at a new jeep is kinda silly. The atlas on 2012+ models is a bit different then the previous 2007-2011 models and I have seen it reportedly running around 5k for the swap. For camping/trial running with the rubi throw some 35" tires and some 4.5" bs wheels with flat fenders and a small lift (2" max) you should be golden on the trails.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default Rubicon

Well found a great deal so went with the Rubicon! Love it but tearing it apart to beef it up.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:06 AM
JK Newbie

Rubicon is the way too go!!! Hard to break that beast!
Old 02-14-2015, 06:58 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Looking forward to watching your build come together

Quick Reply: New JK, Rubicon unlimited or Sport unlimited?