Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Official JK-Forum SEMA Show Build Thread!

Old 09-22-2014, 07:34 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Progress Report!

Rugged Ridge doors fitted up and ready for paint

Preparation for the Supercharger install. Had to reposition the PSC dual cooler set up to allow for the new inner cooler radiator

Mounting on the backside of the frame worked out perfectly

Okay who else is a member of the exhaust manifold crack club?

Genesis Dual Battery system going in...top notch product with good instructions. Check out their site for a helpful how to video from the guys over at Jeep Asylum

It's great having friends in the offroad community. Anyone recognize either of these guys? Doug the Forbidden One and man behind Forbidden Jeeps on the Left and Wayne of So-Cal 4x4 came by to help out with the install...

...well Wayne did Doug stopped by with food! Thanks again brother!

Old 09-24-2014, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OR-Fab armor

El Pig's OR-Fab Gecko Skin corner guards are back from powdercoat and all buttoned up!

The corner guards fit very well, and the instructions were clear. It took a long arm to reach up behind the taillights to get the one fastener that uses a nut instead of a nutsert tightened down, but the whole install went smoothly.

I love the Maxxima taillights that came with my kit. They come complete with resistors so that the turn signals blink at the usual rate, and the backup lights are much brighter than stock.

If you've ever undertaken an install that required nutserts, you'll know that the installation of all that hardware can be frustrating. I'm happy to report that OR-Fab sends along a pretty good nutsert install tool with their armor. It was much easier to use than tools and nuts-and-bolts solutions I've used before. Two tips: use an impact wrench, but use it gently; and, keep the tool threads well greased.

OR-Fab has a big collection of Jeep parts. Check them out! Jeep / Categories

Before and after powdercoating and about 2 hours of install time per side:

Old 09-26-2014, 09:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Some progress on El Pig

Here's a nice shot of several improvements to El Pig that were made since last weekend.

JCR Offroad Mauler bumper and lower bumper skid
Rugged Ridge 10,500 pound winch
Factor 55 hawse fairlead and ProLink
JW Speaker 9049 21" LED light bar
JW Speaker 6150 fog lights on the bumper and windshield

Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Progress update

Amazingly, we seem to be keeping to our timetable. A lot of stuff got completed over the weekend. JK Thang's Sprintex supercharger install is done, but I still haven't gotten a ride in it. Primo Customs has finished painting our Rugged Ridge vented hoods and half doors. Let me tell you, if you ever need something painted for your Jeep Rick Primeau is your guy. Last of all, El Pig got a big upgrade by way of Rebel Offroad's Recon coilover conversion kit with King coilovers and hydraulic bump stops. Check out the pics!

Sprintex supercharger!

Primo Customs can lay down some pretty paint!

El Pig's suspension is now at the next level thanks to Rebel Offroad's Recon coilover conversion!

Old 09-30-2014, 07:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great Bill!
Old 09-30-2014, 08:39 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by CALIJK
Looks great Bill!
Agree with you Dave...I think Bill is ready to take his wheeling to a new level!
Old 10-05-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

I finally got a few minutes to install my Cascadia 4X4 Flipster license plate bracket for hawse fairleads. This product is beautifully machined and simple to install. Keeps you legal, and gets right out of your way when you need to do some winching.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:30 PM
JK Jedi

Thumbs up New Build Partner: Rhino Linings

Today we are happy to announce our new build partner Rhino Linings! For our builds we'll be going with full bed coverage for our old and worn out 2008 JK beds.

Thanks to Dave Doetch Off Road and Rhino Linings we're able to breathe new life into the look of our old rigs providing something that's functional and nice to look at. One thing we knew about Rhino Linings was it protects the bed pretty well but we didn't realize it was actually pretty good at providing a sound barrier and heat insulator as well. Over the coming year look for our rigs at Rhino Linings sponsored events like the Nascar Truck Series.

Background from Rhino Linings website
Since the company's inception in 1988, the mission of Rhino Linings Corporation has been to develop top-quality proprietary, high performance polymers. Rhino Linings takes pride in developing protective coatings products that time and again dominate the spray on lining market for industrial, commercial and retail applications.

As the brand name leader in the sprayed-on truck bed liner industry, consumers have come to know and trust Rhino® protective coating quality, strength and durability. Due to Rhino's strong brand presence and expansion of product lines, the company has continued to experience solid growth with each passing year.

The Rhino Linings® network consists of more than 2,000 applicators and contractors in more than 80 countries around the world. With top-performing polymer formulations, state-of-the-art application equipment and the quality hallmark of ISO 9001:2008 registration, Rhino Linings will continue to set the standard in the protective coatings and building product industries. Rhino Linings offers World-Class Protection™ and continues to contribute substantial investments in
distribution centers throughout North America, South America, Europe, Southeast Asia and the South Pacific. With these distribution centers, Rhino Linings is able to provide a stream-lined inventory model and prompt shipments to all locations across the globe, regardless of quantities required.

Clients enjoy confidence in uninterrupted material supply. Today, a growing number of domestic and international applicators and distributors offer Rhino Linings specialized formulations, comprehensive system packages, practical experience and professional support...all elements necessary to create mutually-successful long-term business relationships.

For more check out their website
Rhino Linings Corporation | Rhino Linings Corporation - Protective Coatings, Spray-On Liners and Spray Polyurethane Foams.

As you can see there's a ton of prep work required in order to spray the interior of your Jeep.

But the time invest sure makes a huge difference. Bringing new life to an old worn out bed.

Decided to do our wheel wells at the same time so we don't have to contantly touch it up.

Brenda had the idea to do our door stills and they're growing on me.

I wanted the bed to be more useful so we fabbed up some plates to cover the storage. Turned out pretty nice!

Nice job Rhino Linings we look forward to seeing you in SEMA and at the events through out the year!
Old 10-20-2014, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I just returned from overseas and getting caught up on the forum.

How much is the SEMA Build costing? Only reason I ask is I like the products you all are using and would like to start saving for my build.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming all parts were purchased probably 15k ish

Quick Reply: Official JK-Forum SEMA Show Build Thread!