Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.
View Poll Results: Buy?
Yes!
16.67%
No!
33.33%
Do a bit more research
50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions please?

Old 01-13-2015, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions please?

I'm new to my own jeep and I've read plenty of reviews but a few more opinions would help me out a bit since I wanna get the bang for my buck, I've been suggested the first thing I do is get this thing chipped...I figure an exhaust would give it a better kick too as well as a better sound right? Anyways plenty more to come but I'm lookin at these two products and would like to hear what u guys think
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	591821  
Old 01-13-2015, 03:47 PM
JK Freak

I say heck yes on the flashpaq since it'll be really useful as more mods come. Don't expect a big "kick" from a muffler but it will most likely make it sound much better. However, if you plan on wheeling hard I could definitely see the dual tips getting damaged as well as the location of the muffler. If you are worried about rocks, definitely look into a canister type muffler that would tuck up closer to the body and away from obstacles. If you're cool with the off road risks, then go for it!
Old 01-13-2015, 04:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've owned both the flashpack and Diablo tuner, and I have an MBRP cat back exhaust.

If i got a new jeep tomorrow, I would not buy them again. I would simply use an AEV flash to correct any tire size and gearing issues and save your money for other mods.

The best mod for performance I ever did was re-gear. If you're running 3.21's you'll probably just want to look into that instead.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Is changing the gearing something I could do in one session? Now cost is another factor...if it's worth the piece of mind, I might just dish out the labour costs
Old 01-14-2015, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jetpack
Is changing the gearing something I could do in one session? Now cost is another factor...if it's worth the piece of mind, I might just dish out the labour costs
Gear changes typically run between $1000 and $1500 depending upon where you live. I'm saving up for mine soon.
Old 01-14-2015, 02:25 PM
JK Newbie

Is that the cost for the parts? Or all installed?
Old 01-14-2015, 02:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Definitely suggest the tuner. Had that same exhaust set up on my unlimited 3.8 automatic. Removed after three months. Clearance wasn't too great with the dual tips and the drone noise on the highway got a little annoying after while. Went back to stock muffler.
Old 01-14-2015, 07:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine cost 1000$ installed with parts.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:06 PM
JK Newbie

So for aftermarket exhaust...this one seems like it's cheap for a reason, any suggestions for exhaust with clearance and cost? as for the tuner, is that a good price?
Old 01-15-2015, 06:06 AM
JK Freak

Like the post above said, that's usually for parts and labor. However, sometimes you'll come across higher prices. I think I saw a thread a few days ago where some guy got quoted $2000 PER AXLE... Definitely do a lot of research before regearing. Make sure the install shop offers a warranty as well just in case the install was bad. And I think Magnaflow has a rock-crawling specific muffler set up for maximum clearances

Quick Reply: Opinions please?