Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.
View Poll Results: Buy?
Yes!
16.67%
No!
33.33%
Do a bit more research
50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Opinions please?

Old 01-17-2015, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend of mine mentioned the bullydog system, anybody running one of those?
What's anybody got to say about some exhaust with clearance?
Old 01-18-2015, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TreyJK
Like the post above said, that's usually for parts and labor. However, sometimes you'll come across higher prices. I think I saw a thread a few days ago where some guy got quoted $2000 PER AXLE... Definitely do a lot of research before regearing. Make sure the install shop offers a warranty as well just in case the install was bad. And I think Magnaflow has a rock-crawling specific muffler set up for maximum clearances
$1500.00 per axle is the price that my local dealer quoted a friend of mine for his '13 Rubicon that came with 3.73 and he wants 4.10 to run 35s. They said that it is 14 hours per axle. Apparently, unlike older wranglers, JK gears need to be set-in with perfection and that takes 2-3 tries per axles to be dialed-in just right.

I said that is absolute bullshit !!!! There is a shop around here that charges about a grand for both front and rear Rubicon axles with non-synthetic oil. But after the dealer price and comments, he is reluctant to trust that for 1/3 of the dealer price, he can get a quality install.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Da10A
$1500.00 per axle is the price that my local dealer quoted a friend of mine for his '13 Rubicon that came with 3.73 and he wants 4.10 to run 35s. They said that it is 14 hours per axle. Apparently, unlike older wranglers, JK gears need to be set-in with perfection and that takes 2-3 tries per axles to be dialed-in just right. I said that is absolute bullshit !!!! There is a shop around here that charges about a grand for both front and rear Rubicon axles with non-synthetic oil. But after the dealer price and comments, he is reluctant to trust that for 1/3 of the dealer price, he can get a quality install.
Geez that's expensive! I'd definitely shop around some more. A guy in my jeep club can do gear swaps and has done a few successful jobs so I'm jus saving up to pay him
Old 01-18-2015, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got the AEV Pro Cal, for calibrating the speedometer/wheel size, and lowering the tire pressure alarm.

No exhaust, alone, will increase power enough to feel it.
I chose the Magnaflow Cat-Back # 15237. Tucked high in the frame, nice growl, no drone.

Last edited by GJeep; 01-18-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just picked up the trail dash, full of doo-dads and gizmos. If you don't like that stuff and your dead set on a tunner maybe go with the flashcal. Just installed mine last night and plugged in the 87 octane tune, did I notice a difference? I don't think so, no real wheeling yet or getting on the throttle, I mean its a brick on wheels not going to beat up any 1/4 mile times. Reasons I superchips: the tunes, adjustable shift points, change the tire size, lock up the diffs in 4hi, adjust the idle speed when winching (when I get a winch) and of course I had to have the pitch and roll dials (I am of course just kidding). I'm sure there is a lot more that I can do with it, like I said just got it yesterday and haven't really gotten to play with it.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by chemlight_ninja
Just picked up the trail dash, full of doo-dads and gizmos. If you don't like that stuff and your dead set on a tunner maybe go with the flashcal. Just installed mine last night and plugged in the 87 octane tune, did I notice a difference? I don't think so, no real wheeling yet or getting on the throttle, I mean its a brick on wheels not going to beat up any 1/4 mile times. Reasons I superchips: the tunes, adjustable shift points, change the tire size, lock up the diffs in 4hi, adjust the idle speed when winching (when I get a winch) and of course I had to have the pitch and roll dials (I am of course just kidding). I'm sure there is a lot more that I can do with it, like I said just got it yesterday and haven't really gotten to play with it.
Is the trail dash like the bully dog?
Old 02-18-2015, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bully Dog - Gas and Diesel Performance

Automotive Performance Tuning Products | Superchips

looks like its similar. I will say after I have been able to play with the trail dash I like it. With the 87 tune it "feels" like there is more power. I will say that the ability to turn the lockers on in 4hi is pretty awesome!!!

Quick Reply: Opinions please?