Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Phillips JKU Build

Old 03-28-2015, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phillips JKU Build

This is my 2013 JKU that Ive been working on. Here are some pics from start to finish! Some of my pics are ones that I pulled from my Instagram page:

The day that I bought it:

6" KC Apollo windshiels lights were my first mod:

I knew the wheels and tires would be changed out, so I didn't want to pay any extra for the dealerships "big tire kit" that was double the cost of what I ended up spending on my wheel/tire combo form Discount Tire Direct. I went with 15" Level 8 Trackers with 33" Duratracs.

About an hour or two after installing the wheels:

I drove it like this for several months:

At the end of 2014 I had decided that I was determined to lift it in 2015. I did. I went with a 4" Rough Country lift kit. I know, many people hate RC, but honestly I live in a total flat land area. I mainly wanted the lifted look, so the price was right for this kit. I don't do a lot of flexing, mainly just crossing deep ditches and stuff while going to my hunting spots. When the time comes I will be upgrading shocks though.

4" lift on 33s. I know there are tons of people who hate the look, but I honestly like it. If these Duratracs seems to be lasting for ever, but once they wear down I may end up switching to 35s.

Also, at some point before the lift and tires and all that jazz, I swapped out my foot-well light bulbs to blue LED strips (my first post was asking how to do it lol). I also changed out my dome lights, and today my blue cargo light came in from superbrightleds.com.

Snow pics from earlier this year:

Last thing I have done (besides the done light that just came in) was install the Rough Country LED fog light kit for JKs. I bought it assuming that it would be plug n play, since the description on their site makes it seem that way, but it isnt. I had to buy a set of adapter harnesses from Quadratec. No big deal, they are all hooked up and I love them:

These are the only pics I have of the fog light kit, but more pics will come!
Old 04-01-2015, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love the look! Subbed
Old 04-01-2015, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

How do you like the lift. I was thinking of the rc 4 inch x flex kit for my jeep
Old 04-01-2015, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

do you happen to have a night shot of the fogs in action? on/off....
Old 04-01-2015, 07:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lamer321
do you happen to have a night shot of the fogs in action? on/off....
I haven't had a chance to get any yet, but will post some as soon as I do (going to try to tomorrow or Friday night)
Old 04-01-2015, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 09jkallen
How do you like the lift. I was thinking of the rc 4 inch x flex kit for my jeep
I noticed you're from Manila, I live near Jonesboro.

Ive been happy with the kit that I bought. I don't flex too much or anything, but it does plenty for my liking, and so far I have been pretty pleased with the shocks (Ive got the 2.0s, not the new 2.2s) I don't know how long the shocks will last though, I've heard they are poor quality so I have already planned on switching brands once I get a little extra money.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Yea there really is nowhere here to flex a suspension, too dang flat. Where are you from in these parts.
Old 04-03-2015, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 09jkallen
Yea there really is nowhere here to flex a suspension, too dang flat. Where are you from in these parts.
I live in Tyronza, about 30 minutes north of West Memphis.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default lighting mods

I dig your lighting mods. One of the most important steps for 'ffroading at night/dusk/bad weather.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Nice progress, I am looking at level 8 wheels now.

I used to have a duck lease in parkin, ar. Lived in memphis, not west memphis ha.

Quick Reply: Phillips JKU Build