Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Phillips JKU Build

Old 04-08-2015, 07:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ORWJK
I dig your lighting mods. One of the most important steps for 'ffroading at night/dusk/bad weather.
Thanks! I have a set of LED headlights on the way right now.

Originally Posted by ofourthreefive
Nice progress, I am looking at level 8 wheels now.

I used to have a duck lease in parkin, ar. Lived in memphis, not west memphis ha.
I was so happy to finally be able to move out of West Memphis, lol. I love my Level 8 wheels. What model(s) are you looking at? If you want any more info on any of their wheels, let me know, I talk with a guy that works for the company.
Old 04-09-2015, 06:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipb
Thanks! I have a set of LED headlights on the way right now.

I was so happy to finally be able to move out of West Memphis, lol. I love my Level 8 wheels. What model(s) are you looking at? If you want any more info on any of their wheels, let me know, I talk with a guy that works for the company.

Out of curiosity, what brand did you choose for the headlights and what were the reasons that made you pick the brand and model you did. (marketing research lol)
Old 04-09-2015, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ORWJK
Out of curiosity, what brand did you choose for the headlights and what were the reasons that made you pick the brand and model you did. (marketing research lol)
I bought a set of Black Widows from Venemous Offroad Lighting (video of them on their Facebook). I bought them because a follower on my Instagram account got a pair from them, and I loved the look of them. I talked with them and they gave me a killer deal on a set. I have no right to be building a Jeep honestly lol. I've got too many bills to pay, so I take advantage of every deal that I can.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
ORW Representative

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by phillipb
I bought a set of Black Widows from Venemous Offroad Lighting (video of them on their Facebook). I bought them because a follower on my Instagram account got a pair from them, and I loved the look of them. I talked with them and they gave me a killer deal on a set. I have no right to be building a Jeep honestly lol. I've got too many bills to pay, so I take advantage of every deal that I can.
Luckily you bought a JK which is great in many aspects right off the dealer lot.
Old 04-20-2015, 05:04 AM
JK Newbie

Finally installed my headlights. I did a little work on my harnesses to get rid of a connector and threw some tape on a few spots to help try and waterproof. I aimed them last night and on my way to work this morning I didn't get flashed, and drove past 2 state troopers.

Parking lights, lows, then highs:

My lights came with the anti flicker harnesses, and they work, no flicker at all.

Quick Reply: Phillips JKU Build