Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Plans for the JKU

Old 03-12-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plans for the JKU

Alright, I've been a long time reader and finally decided to sign up for the forum. Last April I finally saved up enough pennies to buy my 2014 JKU. And I couldn't be happier with it. Black, 6-speed manual, and 3.21 gears.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	600882

I haven't done much with being a poor college student and all.
Well anyways, I started out with wheels and tires mainly because the week after I bought it, I took it out wheeling in some rocks and the tires that came on it were not meant to be taken off road. So I popped two of them and needed to get new ones. I went with the Cooper ATP 265/70/17 and Pro Comp 7005 wheels. It looked good but still needed a better stance, so for Christmas I got a Teraflex leveling kit. And holy cow it looks sooooo much better than stock. I have also put on some KC hilites on the windshield.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GetAttachment.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	600883

Plans for the future

I do plan on lifting it with a 3" EVO enforcer kit when my tires run out or at least get close, and putting on some 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers. I'll do some reinforcing of the front axle some EVO sleeves and c gussets. Then upgrading my gears to 4.56 instead of the 3.21s I have now. I want to get new bumpers PSC Rock Brawler mid front bumper and PSC Rock Brawler rear bumper. And of course a winch will be going with that. I haven't really though of much after that maybe some rock sliders and hood louver.

Well thanks for lookin', post some pics of your rig. I would love to see them and maybe get some new ideas of what I want.

Quick Reply: Plans for the JKU