Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build

Old 10-18-2016, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ReconJeep

The combination of the Warn 8274 and Master Pull rope, for me, is the best choice possible out there. You can fit 200 feet of rope and the reliability is second to none. There really is no other better option out there for Wranglers.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Great build. Thanks for all the detail and large photos! I wish I knew how to insert photos that way. Whats the story with your winch? I dont think I have ever seen a Warn quite like that.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ShawnNoble
Great build. Thanks for all the detail and large photos! I wish I knew how to insert photos that way. Whats the story with your winch? I dont think I have ever seen a Warn quite like that.
Thanks. I use Photobucket for pics.

The winch is one of Warn's oldest design and by far the most reliable. It's their 8274 model. The brake is on the outside instead of inside the drum. Avoids overheating and damaging synthetic line if you use it. Instead of using small planetary gears it uses large gears in a sealed oil bath. It's sort of like comparing an NP231 to an Atlas transfer case.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 10-20-2016, 12:34 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

Installed the Tuffy security deck enclosure #326. It was very simple and fast to install. It's very well made and compatible with the rear seat spacers that lean the bench back. This version is awesome because you can remove the lid if you need extra space. You can also remove the side and rear walls if you need to load the rear with collapsed seats. It's comes prepared for the subwoofer or without it.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
you mention that the Tuffy works with the rear seat recline kit... which kit did you use? I have the Warpig kit and have balked at getting the Tuffy because I didn't think it would work...neither did the Tuffy rep that was at the Off-Road Expo...

It's looking killer so far....

Robert...
Old 10-20-2016, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robertcrav
you mention that the Tuffy works with the rear seat recline kit... which kit did you use? I have the Warpig kit and have balked at getting the Tuffy because I didn't think it would work...neither did the Tuffy rep that was at the Off-Road Expo... It's looking killer so far.... Robert...
This one:

Innovative JK Products Rear Seat Recline Kit for Jeep JKU Wrangler (4-Door) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BCO5YEE..._lYscybDRQC30Z

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 10-20-2016, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Started installing the Molle panels. These things are so well thought out and built. These rear panels are awesome because they serve multiple purposes. The obvious ones are the Molle on the outside for pouches and the ability to use it as a container for loose objects. The not so obvious is that the forward brace also has Molle which allows you to add anything you wish that's accessible for the rear seat passengers.

The folding Molle shelf is by far the best thing this guy has designed. I have the same one on my Hummer and it rocks! I plan to add a removable trauma kit and other smaller amenities. I'll be installing the roof panels later today or tomorrow. Family duties are calling.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Does Molle Platform Solutions have any information elsewhere... there website leaves a bit to be desired, and I don't see those side panels... also, with the installation of the tuffy, did you remove the sidepanels?

thnx
Old 10-20-2016, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

This one:

Innovative JK Products Rear Seat Recline Kit for Jeep JKU Wrangler (4-Door) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BCO5YEE..._lYscybDRQC30Z

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
outstanding...I may give the Tuffy a go then...when you get a chance can you post a pick of drivers side back seat folded, to see how the back seat fits against the tuffy.

thnx again
Old 10-20-2016, 01:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robertcrav
Does Molle Platform Solutions have any information elsewhere... there website leaves a bit to be desired, and I don't see those side panels... also, with the installation of the tuffy, did you remove the sidepanels? thnx
You'll find much more detailed pics and descriptions on eBay (alanjk427). I did remove the side panels but will fit with minor mods. I just haven't had time to get to it. I did keep the front braces because they help keep stuff I have back there in. Also because it has Molle for a pouch that helps tore more stuff. "Ex Umbris Venimus"

Last edited by ReconJeep; 10-20-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is probably one of the most critical mods in my Jeep. I don't know why I never thought about it before. The other day I was chatting with automotive CSI expert and he mentioned how they can get all they need by plugging into the OBD port of your car. That sparked many thoughts in my head. One was the video of a guy stealing a JK with a laptop plugged into the OBD port. The other is the dealer flashing your computer and locking out your programmer. That made me wonder if anyone made a lock for the OBD port. I started searching, and searching, and searching....... Only found a cover that said " DON'T FLASH". I kept digging around using every possible name variation or description. Finally I ran across this! It's a simple lock that goes over the OBD-II port. Works great. I'm sure if somebody wants to bypass it, they eventually will, but not after a serious struggle and delay. The company is AUTOCYB and their webpage is www.autocyb.com . Email: buy@autocyb.com

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 10-27-2016, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the Grenadeacorp sub roof concealed storage system. This thing is awesome!!!

When it's folded up, it practically disappears. If you upholster it in black carpet it will become invisible to peering eyes. It's built tough and the installation is very well thought out.

The hinges are secured by a bolt that's already on the roll cage and easily accessible without having to cut padding. When you remove the roof, all you have to do is remove these two bolts to get rid of the whole setup. Very simple.

The locking latches are very nifty because as you twist them, it pulls up the tray up against the roof. My only complaint is that the latches are left so exposed. You really can't tamper with them, but even then I'll be making my own little covers.

Next I'll be installing some closed cell foam and cutting it to fit some firearms. The tray does come with a Velcro base with some straps to tie down your firearms. I'm sure it works fine, but I much prefer the foam because it keeps things organized and more secure.

Here's a link to their web page: http://www.grenadeacorp.com

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 10-27-2016, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Nice!!! one of those just popped up on Craigslist out here...I swap tops to a soft top too often to use this regularly, but I like the design and function of it

Quick Reply: ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build