Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build

Old 11-27-2016, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking GOOD! looking forward to a range day soon. I am looking for some Beadlocks currently. Leaning towards Spyderlock or Method...
Old 11-28-2016, 03:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Morgan. Not familiar with those brands.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 11-28-2016, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did the rears today. Love the cooling fins on the rears. I will also upgrade the brake booster to the J8 version. That should put it just where I want it.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 12-08-2016, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Installed the Mopar Performance J8 booster. In case others didn't know, you have to get a remote reservoir too. The brakes are so much better than with the factory setup. Pedal is much firmer and doesn't bottom out when braking hard. Worthwhile up grade if you run larger tires.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 12-09-2016, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed front and rear Tom Woods drive shafts. The factory ones were bound to fail. I was getting vibes on the freeway. With the new shafts, it's as smooth as butter! Well worth the investment. This also solved the rear shaft hitting the EVAP skid. Win, win!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 12-10-2016, 01:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ReconJeep

Installed the Mopar Performance J8 booster. In case others didn't know, you have to get a remote reservoir too. The brakes are so much better than with the factory setup. Pedal is much firmer and doesn't bottom out when braking hard. Worthwhile up grade if you run larger tires.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
What did you use for the reservoir? The MOPAR recommendation is more than the BB/MC itself! I would have bought this for my upcoming brake upgrade if it just had the nipple for the clutch reservoir on it too...big let down.
Old 12-10-2016, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FFEMT510
What did you use for the reservoir? The MOPAR recommendation is more than the BB/MC itself! I would have bought this for my upcoming brake upgrade if it just had the nipple for the clutch reservoir on it too...big let down.
I just got a generic one at parts store and zip tied it in place. Got the biggest one I could find. You can get very nifty ones for the motorcycle world if you want something better looking. Mine cost $45.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 12-10-2016, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had the Superchips FlashPaq for some time now, but only quickly used it to set tire size and gear ratio. Didn't want to do any engine running till I had a decent mileage on the Jeep. So after two oil changes, and airbag safety recall, I decided it was good time to some tuning.

After picking one of the performance tunes, and setting tire and gear ratio, I started exploring all the other options. I was amazed at how many other things you could tune. One of my favorite was the fog light tune. It allows you to select to leave them on when you have your high beams on. This is awesome! In older vehicles you would have to rewire everything. I went out for a spin to see if there was any difference. Power wise it was insignificant. No surprise there from an already gutless engine. What did improve greatly was the throttle response, and that it didn't feel restricted anymore. I have a manual transmission, and every time I would start from a stop, it always felt that I had to slip the clutch to avoid it from stalling. Even with the 4.88 gears. After the tune, I no longer have to do that. The Jeep just comes off the line with no hesitation. I'll be exploring some of the other options, but I highly recommend this to every Jeep owner. It also has a data logging gauge option that's nifty.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 12-11-2016, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ReconJeep

I've had the Superchips FlashPaq for some time now, but only quickly used it to set tire size and gear ratio. Didn't want to do any engine running till I had a decent mileage on the Jeep. So after two oil changes, and airbag safety recall, I decided it was good time to some tuning.

After picking one of the performance tunes, and setting tire and gear ratio, I started exploring all the other options. I was amazed at how many other things you could tune. One of my favorite was the fog light tune. It allows you to select to leave them on when you have your high beams on. This is awesome! In older vehicles you would have to rewire everything. I went out for a spin to see if there was any difference. Power wise it was insignificant. No surprise there from an already gutless engine. What did improve greatly was the throttle response, and that it didn't feel restricted anymore. I have a manual transmission, and every time I would start from a stop, it always felt that I had to slip the clutch to avoid it from stalling. Even with the 4.88 gears. After the tune, I no longer have to do that. The Jeep just comes off the line with no hesitation. I'll be exploring some of the other options, but I highly recommend this to every Jeep owner. It also has a data logging gauge option that's nifty.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Glad to hear that you've had good experience with it! I have an older flashcal that I used for the tires and the gears now that it's in the shop...but now that I've got 4.88's on 37's, the eco tune would be nice for long distance driving.

Hope to hear more feedback and you use this more and more.
Old 12-12-2016, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally found some time this weekend to install a Cobra 75 CB. I love these things because they don't take up a bunch of dash space. The module sits under the glove box, and all the controls are on the PTT.

Installed it in a way that I can put the PTT away inside the glove box when I don't need it. The grab handle mount keeps it clean.

Works like a charm. With the Firestick on the front bumper, tuning was very simple. The hardest part of the install was getting the wires through the firewall.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"

Quick Reply: ReconJeep's 2016 JKUR build