Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Rough Country 2.5 Installed

Old 11-15-2015, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 2.5 Installed

Got my Rough Country lift installed yesterday other than the previous owner installing leveling blocks it went pretty easy at 2.5 hours for the entire install. Tomorrow my 16" wheel will be here so I can see if Ill be able to down size to a 285/75R/16. I realize I can go as big as a 35 with 2.5" but still want room for flex. However if the 16" wheels don't clear my brakes Ill step back up to a 17' with 34x10.50s. This isnt my first build but will probably be my last. Back in the days of YJs XJs and TJs it was easy needless to say now the mathematics to get everything to fit and work properly has gotten alot more complicated. Either way I dont see alot of heavy flexing and or trail riding in my future but the equation has to be there.......if you know what I mean pictures to follow
Old 11-17-2015, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DId the same lift and had Im sure hada similuar leveleing block issue. Mine is a 2012 Rubicon Unlimited and also plan on going with 16" s I am ordering my tires and wheels from desertrat.com and also am going with 285/75r16 the 16' wheels fit fit perfect on mine and hope to have the remainder of my order here by Thanksgiving. Good luck to you on your build

Quick Reply: Rough Country 2.5 Installed