Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Silver Strike painfully cheap build thread

Old 02-28-2015, 01:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK505

I was curious about this too. I know magnets can destroy memory but I don't see that being an issue with a cb. I could see how it would possibly be problematic near the antenna maybe? I'll be interested to see how it works.
People do say to run the cable away from any wires that carry electricity to avoid a distortion of the signal. But if it tunes it tunes.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:19 AM
Former Member

Looks like getting tuned will have to wait till wed apparently the only tuner left in the great state of ky works out of a van in the flying j parking lot from ten to five on Wednesday... Nice
Old 02-28-2015, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you can get your hands on a swr box it's easy to do yourself.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:51 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by mr.brav90
If you can get your hands on a swr box it's easy to do yourself.
I don't understand all I know about cbs soooooo got an appointment with the creepy man in the van at the flying jay wed at ten..... Hope his handle isn't rusty nails! Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Last edited by karmynsbeep; 03-02-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Former Member

On a more serious less creepy note just finished up my order with Josh at Overland Off-road and people I'm here to tell you if you want to order your parts from some one who actually cares that the parts you're ordering will work for your rig and that you're happy this is the only place you need to call! Seriously at nine o'clock on a Monday night and this small business owner is on the phone with me trying to pick out the best part for my needs! Plus the forum discount is substantial! Thanks again Josh from a very satisfied customer!

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum
Old 03-02-2015, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep
On a more serious less creepy note just finished up my order with Josh at Overland Off-road and people I'm here to tell you if you want to order your parts from some one who actually cares that the parts you're ordering will work for your rig and that you're happy this is the only place you need to call! Seriously at nine o'clock on a Monday night and this small business owner is on the phone with me trying to pick out the best part for my needs! Plus the forum discount is substantial! Thanks again Josh from a very satisfied customer!

Couldn't agree more! What'd you order?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:27 PM
Former Member

Synergy 3-4" coils all the way around now to get it all bolted up and hit the turtle!

Old 03-02-2015, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karmynsbeep
Synergy 3-4" coils all the way around now to get it all bolted up and hit the turtle!

Such a strange OHV name... The Dirty Turtle... Almost sounds like a sex position.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:39 PM
Former Member

Originally Posted by JK505
Such a strange OHV name... The Dirty Turtle... Almost sounds like a sex position.
Lmao! I think It's named after two doors that wind up on their lid due to there abnormally short wheel base..... Sad Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Last edited by karmynsbeep; 03-02-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 AM
Former Vendor

Default Thanks Again!

Appreciate the kind words, here to help fellow members! Yes guys I am usually available around the clock! At least it seems that way! Text me anytime for a quick quote.

410-241-5555

Josh

Quick Reply: Silver Strike painfully cheap build thread