Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Spyder Brawler Lite Bumper and Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum

Old 05-05-2016, 07:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder Brawler Lite Bumper and Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum

Added a stubby and winch to Wilhelmina. Here's what I ran into along the way and a few photos...

Poison Spyder Brawler Lite Bumper
I ordered it with d-ring tabs and Spyder armor coating. Installation was a breeze! I found that removing the old bumper was harder than installing the new one. Mostly because it is roomy to get access to nuts. Not much to say, except I love this stubby-style look and the bumper is considerably heavier (and heavier-duty) than the stock. Overall I am VERY happy with the fit, look, and strength. This bumper is bomber and looks great doing it.

Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum Winch
I opted for synthetic this time around. I know there are pros and cons... I just like the pros of synthetic. I also decided to do the Platinum version for the auto-clutch, wireless remote, extra waterproofness (whatever that means) and because I like going high-end on my winch (when I can). This is a nice low(ish) profile setup that matches very nicely with the Spyder Brawler. Install was straight forward. I needed the Spyder spacers to lift it a hair, and also used the Spyder fairlead mount. Mounting the winch was easy, but the last bolt was a little painful. The toughest part (for me) was simply installing the synthetic rope. It was a tight squeeze (to say the least) to get that mount loop through the spool and install the puck and then yank it back into place. No joke. I tensioned the rope at a local park on a slight grade and the emergency brake two-clicked. Spooled like a champ. Running the power cables was a tight fit, but easy. I ordered the accessory battery mounts from Quadratec and am VERY happy that I did. It is a fantastic setup and allows for future accessories as well. I also got a fairlead license mount, since Maryland requires a front tag.

JW Speaker 6145J Foglights
Serious Googling before taking this plunge. These foglights are pretty sweet. Because my Willys is a 2016, the connector wasn't correct and they recommended splicing. That was the only issue I had. I opted to buy an adapter (Plug And Play Wire Harness Adapter for Jeep JK LED Fog Lights) that keeps the stock connector. They installed easily with the stock bumper foglight mounting screws. Note, because I opted to keep the crashbar (and only trim it for the skid plate) the light housing wouldn't fit through to the installed bumper. However, the housing comes easily apart and I put both pieces through and then reassembled it. This was simple.

Poison Spyder Front Skid Plate
I'm a skid plate fan, and looking at all those rods, swaybar, and brittle components right under/behind the bumper, I opted to protect. I have not installed this piece yet, but from what I've read, it will be the toughest part... hehe.

At about $3,000 I would give this mod an 8.5 out of 10. It would get 10 if it hadn't bit so deeply into my wallet.

Cheers,
Vaughn

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep.jpg
Views:	733
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	646138Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep1.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	646139Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep2.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	646140Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep3.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	646141Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep4.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	646142Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep6.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	646143Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep7.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	646144
Old 05-05-2016, 10:10 AM
JK Newbie

Looks nice! That's a badass winch from everything I've read.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great writeup, this is one of the front bumpers I am eyeing. Looks good btw
Old 05-05-2016, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dbrooks
Looks nice! That's a badass winch from everything I've read.
Thank you. I've only run it to initially spool and tension the rope... It is fast as heck. I've owned half-a-dozen winches and this one is QUICK.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SF_E60
Great writeup, this is one of the front bumpers I am eyeing. Looks good btw
Thanks. I spent a lot of time doing research. Something about this bumper looks clean and mean to me. I like what Poison Spyder has done in the past and knew this would be killer. Unbelievable how perfectly it fit. Two thumbs up!

Quick Reply: Spyder Brawler Lite Bumper and Warn Zeon 10-S Platinum