Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

Stella - More Cushion!

Old 05-22-2015, 10:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stella - More Cushion!

This is my Stella; actually, this is Stella II, Stella I was a 2011 Mango Tango 2 door JK Sport. Stella is nothing special, she's sporting her summer bikini right now (Trektop NX) and just doesn't feel as adequate as the other girls around, so she has asked me to drop a BUNCH of money on her and get her some plastic surgery.

This week I put in an Alpine iLX-007 head system for Apple Carplay. Now I can text, make calls and bang my head while driving down trails. I also added a Bestop gun safe under the driver's seat. Stella is heading off to the plastic surgeon next week to get some changes made. She's going to be receiving a 3.5 inch Rubicon Express Short Arm Super Flex kit to lift up her chassis and prepare her for her implants, 17 inch Pro Comp Predator rims wrapped in Pro Comp Xtreme MT2 315/75r17 rubber. Her sides will be wrapped in Smittybilt SRC Rock Guards to prevent any dents on her delicate body.

Add in Some Grabars, a CB with 5 foot antenna and some windshield mounted Rigid LED lights and she will be pretty on the trails, while also serving as my daily ride. Stella is faithful and reliable, and will be even more so with her transformation. I've been looking forward to modding out a Jeep since my first TJ back in '97.

I'll post more pictures once Stella has been changed!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	StellaBEFORE.jpg
Views:	4010
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	611845  
Old 05-24-2015, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Just bought Smittybilt SRC front and rear bumpers for the price of the front bumper, with free shipping from 4 Wheel Parts. Could not pass down this deal, it's the bumpers I wanted and to pay half price is 150% awesome! I'll put these on myself when they arrive, with the help of a friend who knows tools, Hahahaha!
Old 05-26-2015, 05:48 AM
JK Newbie

How do you like the iLX-007? It's the direction I'm leaning for CarPlay since it has a better screen (7" capacitive) than the comparable Pioneer.
Old 05-28-2015, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by en480c4
How do you like the iLX-007? It's the direction I'm leaning for CarPlay since it has a better screen (7" capacitive) than the comparable Pioneer.
It's great! Works seamless with my iPhone 6. Sending texts, making calls all through voice commands. Installation only required a stearing wheel adapter to make it all work integrated with the Infinity system. It's funny to hear Siri dictate received texts tho, my wife sent me a text with :P (smiley with tongue out) and Siri called it "A smiley face with tongue sticking out".

PS. I pick Stella up tomorrow! Can't wait!
Old 05-31-2015, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

And here is Stella mid way through the transformation. Lift kit, new wheels, tires, CB.

Next step is to add the bumpers and winch when I get a non rainy day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	StellaAFTER.jpg
Views:	3437
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	613035  
Old 08-12-2020, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow . Nicely done, Number One.

Quick Reply: Stella - More Cushion!