Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

duel stabilizer clearance

Old 12-08-2020, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default duel stabilizer clearance

Hey fellas, so I've got a 3.5 lift on 35.12.50's..... but it seems to have issues with the stabilizers staying in place, and also getting in the way of the steering bar causing it to dent the stabilizer's .... anyone have issues with this and what is a good mod or resolution. thanks in advance.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:45 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Lightbulb

Hate to say this, but getting rid of dual stabs would be my resolution. Just too much potential for interference, and they are not necessary. The stock location actually works well unless you are into rocks at (or greater than) tie-rod height, especially if with the early tie-rod mount (2007-2009?) that was higher.

Old 12-10-2020, 01:17 PM
JK Newbie

ya it's 08.... I'm going to find my original location and tac weld them into place..... to much wiggle for my comfort with out them.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:19 PM
JK Newbie

ended up warping my new Yukon axles when I pressed the lugs on....... my own fault.... just ordered another!!!! it's just money right? lol
Old 12-10-2020, 02:34 PM
JK Junkie
FJOTM Winner

Received 202 Likes on 184 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by militarytj
ended up warping my new Yukon axles when I pressed the lugs on....... my own fault.... just ordered another!!!! it's just money right? lol
Well, the only folks that don't have fails now and then aren't doing much. Was the axle flange just not supported enough?
Old 12-10-2020, 02:57 PM
JK Newbie

it was a mix between me not turning on the lights to see my seating of the lugs, and I was using a very large press, so the littlest amount of pressure was around 2 tons of force lol..... my local guy only charged me 60$ to build one up.....
Old 12-11-2020, 06:24 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I'm a little confused in this thread as it seems like you jumped from steering stabilizers to rear axle shaft flange. One thing I see that concerns me is you note you have too much wiggle for your liking. You should have zero wiggle at all, even without a SS. If you do, you have a gremlin in that steering system. Shot joint, loose bolt, steering box on way out....you have something going on. A steering stabilizer shouldn't be used to simply cover that up. I'd really push you to investigate further and fix the underlying issue before it becomes a larger problem.....which usually happens as the least opportune time.
The following users liked this post:
militarytj (12-12-2020)
Old 12-12-2020, 06:17 AM
JK Newbie

I'll have to take them off and see what I'm dealing with..... I do have a small seepage from my steering box...so there's that! lol. it's almost paid off, so soon to just be a toy after I get my tacoma I want back .

Quick Reply: duel stabilizer clearance