Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

What Would You Do..

Old 04-06-2015, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What Would You Do..

..If someone gave you $5,000 to use toward upgrades or improvements to your jeep wrangler..

Well.. that's what just happen.. 2 days ago. We've been given a chance to use 5K worth of parts & upgrades for our 08 jeep wrangler.. NO we aren't going to lift it unless a full/better suspicion requires it.. otherwise and our thoughts are to make this jeep more comfortable, update failing parts, include custom one off alteration, incorporate security options and a few of our own design ideas via our metal shop.

Could this mean this is just the beginning of a build thread.. maybe.. Right now at least, we're going to start searching for parts and work from the ground up. Tires, wheels and suspension.. would be top priority. then mechanical as well as electrical upgrades.

Let's see what we can do to an 08 jeep wrangler X 2 door.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just wanna know how you won that?! Congrats!
Old 04-06-2015, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urmyboyblue
I just wanna know how you won that?! Congrats!
How we won it doesn't matter.. what we do with the 5K does.. and we've yet to accept the challenge that goes along with accepting the green.. So do you have any suggestions as to make an 08 jeep wrangler more comfortable.. Without touching on any lift kits.. better coils, better shocks, better tires, upgraded steering components.. or Can one do away with the "typical" jeep suspension and create something totally new.

Again we're open to legitimate suggestions.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:36 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

" ..... make an 08 jeep wrangler more comfortable.."

How do you define the problem?

I mean, how do you know what part to replace if you don't know which one is making it "uncomfortable" ?

Other than that, as far as security, Bestop and Tuff make products to secure items inside a Jeep, and of those would be worth having. :-)

If you trail or drive outside the city, more lighting could be useful.

Do you have any pictures of the Jeep, for us to o see where you're starting from? :-)

Old 04-06-2015, 06:31 AM
Cod
JK Newbie

Agreed comfortable to one may not be comfortable to another.....
Old 04-06-2015, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

With this much cash to play with, my first mod would be a large capacity Pez dispenser integrated into the dash. Oh, and fenders with cup holders.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:57 AM
JK Super Freak

***Reserved for future updates***
Old 04-06-2015, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

So someone gave you $5000 with the stipulation that you must use it to buy Jeep parts? And you've "yet to accept the challenge that goes along with accepting the green"?? If you haven't "accepted the challenge" yet, then why should anyone waste their time giving you ideas? Take the "challenge" already.

I dunno man, with your history on Jeep forums, I'm throwing out the bullshit flag (again).
Old 04-06-2015, 05:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by IrateCrimsonFowl
So someone gave you $5000 with the stipulation that you must use it to buy Jeep parts? And you've "yet to accept the challenge that goes along with accepting the green"?? If you haven't "accepted the challenge" yet, then why should anyone waste their time giving you ideas? Take the "challenge" already. I dunno man, with your history on Jeep forums, I'm throwing out the bullshit flag (again).
I'm with you.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Just wanted to post in one of his embarrassingly obvious bullshit riddled threads. (Yes sir it's that obvious)

Quick Reply: What Would You Do..