Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

2012 JKU basics/lift

Old 09-24-2012, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 JKU basics/lift

I recently purchased my first wrangler JKU and am just now beginning to look at future modifications. I am aware there are probably multiple threads on this topic, but I figured I'd post something more specific to my desires for help.

I use my Jeep for daily driving purposes and the occasional off Road (nothing major as its still a brand new vehicle) and I am interested in riding 35s with either my stock rims or purchasing an additional set. With that said, what lift/suspension or spacer lift is recommended? Brand, etc?

I also am interested in the trektop by bestop. Has anyone had experiences with this top? I currently have a hard top on but wanted the soft top for summer, etc...

Really any advice you could give, or part recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

First - Welcome to the forum. Advice: Yes there are several places here to find the information you seek. You may want to try reading the Newby Section first. Tons of good info there. Also, the search function is your friend. Having said that, a 2.5" lift is really all you need to clear 35's. As for the brand - well, you'll see. If you use the OE wheels, plan on buying wheel spacers. They work very well if you maintain them.
Good Luck.

Quick Reply: 2012 JKU basics/lift