Notices
JK Off-Road 101 Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as general off-roading tips, tricks, techniques and equipment usage such as winching and vehicle recovery information.

3/8" Gunnebo Sling Hook

Old 06-22-2008, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3/8" Gunnebo Sling Hook

Anybody have this sling hook from Quadratec - or one like it? I ordered on and finally got around to installing my winch today - trouble is - I'm having a heck of a time putting the thing together - Now - I know that sound stupid - but Quadratec has a pic of the hook and how it goes together - trouble is - the metal barrel in the middle has threads inside -which make me think the metal rod included would be threaded as well - it's not -and - the metal barrel is tapered on one end so the rod - even w/o threads will not pass thru - I know I'm slow - but

I'll be calling Quadratec tomorrow but thought I'd ask here as well.

TIA!
Old 06-22-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Put it in a vise...and crank it in...
Old 06-22-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RipperMan
Put it in a vise...and crank it in...

Well - I could - but I'd never get it out if I ever had to replace the winch line I'm attaching it to! - though I'm assuming you're kidding - right?
Old 06-22-2008, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thats just how it works bro
When you want to remove it-you'll put it back in the vise and use a hammer and pin punch drive it back out...

Last edited by myorbital91; 06-22-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Thats just how it works bro
When you want to remove it-you'll put it back in the vise and use a hammer and pin punch drive it back out...
Wow - ok - guess I'll have to unspool my syn line off the winch to take it to my shop where the vise is - you think there would be a better way! - thanks for your help!!!!
Old 06-22-2008, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

eesh, maybe you could avoid taking the line off...you may try to get a block of 2x4 and hammer it in-in your driveway...I might try that first...I remember the pin had a notch in the center and the barrel had a heavy spring-it may take a good blow to lock it in...that should work...
Old 06-22-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

eesh, maybe you could avoid taking the line off...you may try to get a block of 2x4 and hammer it in-in your driveway...I might try that first...I remember the pin had a notch in the center and the barrel had a heavy spring-it may take a good blow to lock it in...that should work...
Good idea - I'll try that first - does it matter which end of the barrel I drive the pin into? It looks like one end has a recess - the other does not - I don't think it would make a difference but then again - I did not know it was a press fit
The 2x4 and hammer come out tomorrow afternoon - thanks again!

Quick Reply: 3/8" Gunnebo Sling Hook